What is this?

cylon032

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this on the rock looks like a anemone?

20200419_163258-01.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cylon032

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they hard to get rid of, yes there are some growing on the side of it good thing is I could take that rock out if I have to. Only see those on that rock so hopefully it would be easy.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Two best bets to battle:
Using a syringe, you can mix kalkwasser powder into a thin paste and inject solution into center core of each aptasia and watch them melt. A kleini butterfly will eat them like candy

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to attack from multi fronts. If you use a paste, cover them or they may release spores. Peppermint shrimp and berghia nudibrach . File fish and copper and butterflies.

Berghia main diet is aiptasi. Peppermint shrimp will also eat the same as other shrimp. File and copperbands have to find a taste for it. So you may have to underfeed.

Also hit your sumps and overflows

It is always in your tank

OP
OP
C

cylon032

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 peppermint shrimps but they stay on the opposite side of the tank useless lol. Would the berghia nudibrach starve once it eats it all or is there something else that they eat. I was looking at Red Sea Fish Pharm Aiptasia-X Eliminator but there's a chance for the aiptasia to come back? Was just reading up on the fish some people say they're not reef safe

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they will starve, but they are cheap. They end up as food in my tank. Not all nudibrach eat aptaisia, so watch what you buy.

The peppermint work in my over flow and sump. They end up as food in my tank...Haha Haha lots of things end up as good in my tank.

Like most of the animal remediation, if they are not hungry they may not eat it.

There is a great video from bulk reef supply..20 common mistakes for aptaisia. Definatly worth finding.

So most likely it is always in your tank. It will take over if you don't respond quickly and constantly.

So I use aptasia x...which can cause it to spread, file fish, copper band and peppermint shrimp and I have something in all parts of my tank, overflow, sump, and dt I have lost too many fish to aptasia stings.

I like the berghia, but again they are good in my tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back