What is this?

Radam559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I am new to Salt tanks and really not terribly experienced with aquariums in general, beyond a 30gal freshwater tank i had running for a few years many years ago. I have recently set up an Fluval Evo 13.5 tank just to dip into reef tanks and see how it goes. I am in my 3rd week of having the tank up and running and midway through my first cycle, if not closing in on it being complete. I was just looking around and checking on things and noticed this had developed. I am not sure what i am looking at as it appears to be an air pocket of some sort, but i doubt that is what it is. I have mostly life rock (caribsea) and 1 smallish rock that i got out of my local shop that was in their tank. Honestly i think it was just the same type of rock that had been in their tank for a longer period of time so it is somewhat established, but not overly so... but who knows. I have "live sand" as the base... water parameters are all in check and progressing as they should.

Hoping someone may be able to help me figure out what i am seeing here...
IMG_2710.jpg
IMG_2711.jpg

OP
OP
R

Radam559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I am new to Salt tanks and really not terribly experienced with aquariums in general, beyond a 30gal freshwater tank i had running for a few years many years ago. I have recently set up an Fluval Evo 13.5 tank just to dip into reef tanks and see how it goes. I am in my 3rd week of having the tank up and running and midway through my first cycle, if not closing in on it being complete. I was just looking around and checking on things and noticed this had developed. I am not sure what i am looking at as it appears to be an air pocket of some sort, but i doubt that is what it is. I have mostly life rock (caribsea) and 1 smallish rock that i got out of my local shop that was in their tank. Honestly i think it was just the same type of rock that had been in their tank for a longer period of time so it is somewhat established, but not overly so... but who knows. I have "live sand" as the base... water parameters are all in check and progressing as they should.

Hoping someone may be able to help me figure out what i am seeing here...
IMG_2710.jpg
IMG_2711.jpg
...btw, this is one of the "life rock"'s that came out of the box :) ...not on the one from the shop...

Back