What kind of Mushroom is this?

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first coral, I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of mushroom this is.

20230324_194217.jpg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just learned that Ricordia can walk around, similar to an anemone. This one is glued to my rock, do you know a good way to remove it from the rock?
They will release from the rock if unhappy, generally too much flow, if it’s not on a frag plug, then I would not try and remove it, if it starts to look unhappy, then you could move it yourself to a different location.

Oh and a nice colour you have there.

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will release from the rock if unhappy, generally too much flow, if it’s not on a frag plug, then I would not try and remove it, if it starts to look unhappy, then you could move it yourself to a different location.

Oh and a nice colour you have there.
What does an unhappy mushroom look like? Fading color?

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mushroom would be very large and open with a nice big skirt when happy, they can shrink down to nearly nothing when sad.... some mushrooms turn into a balloon shape if food is introduced, lifting there skirt up and around to form a dome but majority don't require feeding :)

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mushroom would be very large and open with a nice big skirt when happy, they can shrink down to nearly nothing when sad.... some mushrooms turn into a balloon shape if food is introduced, lifting there skirt up and around to form a dome but majority don't require feeding :)
Gave mine a decent chunk of mysis shrimp, kinda cool to watch it eat. My Zoa on the other hand wants nothing to do with mysis shrimp lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back