What' swimming in our tanks now? The latest fish releases...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you the latest on the new fishes released for sale on our website today!

As you know, we carefully select each and every fish; each one meets our rigorous standards for quality, health, and sustainable sourcing. When the fish arrive at our facility, they are carefully attended to,observed, dipped, and rested. They are fed a variety of prepared foods, and are EATING WELL before they leave here. This is very important to us as a company, and to me as a fish lover in general. I would rather not sell a fish that is not eating or in great shape than send an animal to you that is in marginal condition.

Since we don't have thousands of fishes at our facility and on our site, we can literally inspect each fish every day for health and overall condition. We use some of the finest sources in the industry, and we are rigorous about following our own rules and philosophy when deciding to offer a fish for sale. Our suppliers understand this, too- we're all on the same page. You may not get the rarest fish in the world from us right now- but you'll get quality fishes that have truly been LOVED by die-hard fish geeks!

Here are our latest releases:

UCBrown Saddleback A. polymnus_2x720.jpg

Sustainable Aquatics Brown Saddleback Clown (A. plymnus)- Another cool new variety from SA! Super hardy, very sociable, and quite active. These are great fishes to keep in a peaceful community system. They're a refreshing change from the usual "designer" Clowns!

SA Green Mandarin Synchiropus splendidus 020312 full (2)x720.jpg

Sustainable Aquatics Green Mandarin Male/Female - Although not a proven "bonded" pair (besides, they're pretty young!), this male and female have been inseparable since their arrival here at our facility. They are active, curious, and yes- eat SA "Hatchery Diet" pellets and frozen food with gusto! If you're patient and interested in a spawning program for these fish, this pair would be a good "buy and hold" option to work with!

UCCirrhilabrus adornatus IZOO 08 (5)x720.jpg

Debelius' Fair Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus adornatus)- Sustainable Aquatics Tank Conditioned- Here's a wrasse that you don't see every day! A beautiful male that is just coming into his own. He was net caught and conditioned on frozen and other prepared foods, and chows down on SA's "Hatchery Diet" (I cannot believe HOW MANY fishes just LOVE that stuff- and I AM NOT a fan of dry foods (I was a frozen food "snob for years"), but this stuff makes me a believer! Anyways- he eats like a pig, and is hardly the shy and retiring type. A nice find for the wrasse collector! As my dear friend Tony Vargas said when I told him I obtained one, "That's a frickin' nice fish...!" He's totally right!

UCharptail_blenny-300x232 (2)x720.jpg

Harptail Blenny (Meicanthus mossambicus)- Sustainable Aquatics Tank Bred- I love this fish. It's actually "cute", and has a great personality to go with it! My friend tells me that it looks a bit like a little MahiMahi- and that's kind of true! These Blennies are tank bred, which just makes me feel great about offering them, and are perfectly suited for captive life. Unlike their wild brethren, which often come in infected with internal parasites and slowly waste away, these are as "bulletproof" as a fish can be! You'll love them, too! Perfect for a smaller to mid-sized reef aquarium with plenty of open swimming area!

UCSebae Clown A. sebae 3x720.jpg

Sustainable Aquatics Sebae Anemonefish (Amphiprion sebae)- These Tank-bred fish are one of the all-time favorite Clownfish in the hobby. In fact, they were my first Clowns back in the dark, dark ages when I was a young fish geek with his first marine tank! Active, colorful, and healthy- they're a near perfect variety! Great color!

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UCSA Tangaroa Watchaman Goby Ctenogobiops tangaroi 030912 full (2)x720.jpg

Tangaroa Shrimp Goby - This little goby is another all-time favorite! Tank conditioned by the talented folks at Sustainable Aquatics, this fish eats readily, and despite their small size, display remarkable confidence when moving about the aquarium! These spunky little fish eat anything you throw at them, and really fun to watch!

UCPajama Cardinal email 1 (2)x720.jpg

Pajama Cardinal Fish - Siustainable Aquatics Tank Reared- Yes, they are cute, and YES- they eat EVERYTHING, including pellets and frozen foods. Peaceful, colorful, and interesting, these are another variety that would be great for a captive-breeding experiment. Inexpensive, too! Great fish!

UCSI Solomon Blue Hippo Tang Paracanthurus hepatus full (15)x720.jpg

Sustainable Aquatics Hippo Tang (Paracanthus hepatus)- Yes, "Dory" was caught at a postlarval stage in the South Pacific, and tank reared, so she's totally into the prepared foods, and shows a vigor and adaptability that the wild-caught mass-market ones typically do not. These are great little fish, and super personable! Try one!

C. tominensis FJ (2)MD.JPG

Tomini Tang (Ctenochaetus tominiensis)- This tank-conditiooned SA fish is another popular favorite. It's a perfect fish for rasping diatoms and detritus from rock and glass. It's attractive, and can grow into a real showpiece when it settles in. Not a huge, oceanic-type tang, either, so it's great for a more modest sized aquarium of say, 100 gallons. Photo by my original fish-geek-writer mentor, Bob Fenner!

Again, these represent some of our latest releases; there will be more and more to choose each week. Look for more cool varieties coming soon. Remember, our fishes come "pre-loved" at no additional charge!

Thanks for stopping by!

Scott Fellman
Unique Corals

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back