What t5 combo gives a rich blue color?

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same. I’m one of the weirdos that likes a true 10k appearance. Only reason I have blues is so I can view my tank for longer than 6 hours a day on weekends. I don’t even run blue supplements with my metal halides. Just for a couple hours real low on either end of the main photoperiod.
yeah I really don"t care for the washed out blue look. for some reason at night I cant run blues for viewing though because my fish simply will not sleep unless it is pitch black. That includes me blocking out moonlight from the window lol.

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on data out there, they should be capable of sustaining sps corals, at least high up in the tank. Growth may not be off the charts but they’ll live if everything else is in line. Really with just about any reef designed light source it’s more important to pick something that provides the correct intensity. Once you’re there, just pick an overall aesthetic/hue you like most and don’t mess with it.
The more you mess with sliders and faders and adjust spectrum to constantly change through the day, and constantly change your mind on what settings you like, or even what bulb combo you like....the more problems you create. It’s usually not the light itself that does damage or fails to work. It is more often user error from too frequent of manipulation.

The wattage/intensity difference between my Prime HD's (that claims about 40w with my current setup, 55w max) and Kessils (90w at max) would be enough difference for SPS? I have a derassa clam, some LPS, etc. that I also worry about enough light.

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve run them all and when I ran a 6 bulb I did 4 blue+ and 2 actinic and it was ok. Ended up adding a Orphic blue bar. Then it was ok. Buy ended up not liking the windex blue from T5 and went to Radion and I’ve never looked back. I absolutely love them , the color, the flexibility, the growth ... also you could get a bigger AI light. The new AI seem to be bigger and better. But if ur gonna stick with T5. All blue and actinic .. the purple has a lot of light on it. You will NEVER get led blue/purple out of T5. Never ever. No matter what. lol

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D282D22-47C3-41A1-8E04-0FF6693AED25.jpeg
4281DAD2-38FC-43F9-A334-077DC6C4C630.jpeg

this is my 65 gallon with two AI Primes 2 ATI blue plus and two Coralife actinics.

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D282D22-47C3-41A1-8E04-0FF6693AED25.jpeg
4281DAD2-38FC-43F9-A334-077DC6C4C630.jpeg

this is my 65 gallon with two AI Primes 2 ATI blue plus and two Coralife actinics.

Looks like we have almost the same tank..whats your prime settings?

And I'm running currently two ATI Blue+ and two ATI Actinic...can you comment on how the coralife actinics are different?

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like we have almost the same tank..whats your prime settings?

And I'm running currently two ATI Blue+ and two ATI Actinic...can you comment on how the coralife actinics are different?
Honestly couldn’t tell you. What I can tell you is that my corals are growing much faster than before. Especially my acros. There is nothing starving for light. This is the program I’m running.
0777B666-F57D-4381-B68B-B375DC5FF147.png

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly couldn’t tell you. What I can tell you is that my corals are growing much faster than before. Especially my acros. There is nothing starving for light. This is the program I’m running.
0777B666-F57D-4381-B68B-B375DC5FF147.png
Can you show the %'s during your daytime span? Looks like you have significant greens going.

And what time was your photo taken? It looks good but to me like the t5's were off

I appreciate it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back