What the..... everybody here now???

siropa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd still like to know which of their rules was violated. they closed that thread of mine without answering it of course.

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you posted another forum web site that is not paying rc for advertizing...and r2r is a compeditor....they dont like that.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RC has definitely become ridiculous... They told me I was commercial for posting a thread pointing out a skimmer for sale by a sponsor and banned me from selling and trading. The other day I got a pm telling me it was best for me not to visit the selling and trading forums ever again and they were watching me. I cancelled my yearly subscription after that pm. If I can't browse the forums, why bother support to them...

siropa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
their TOS doesn't say don't post links to competitors. you can't link to coral vendors and the like. as far as I know, R2R is commercial only so far as it sells banner ads. you can post a link to google on RC and not get it pulled. google is commercial and makes money via advertizing.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad to see more of ou guys here. It is just a better place to hang out. We don't need to keep bashing RC(even if it is kinda fun). We just do what they want us to do.....MOVE ON.

I just do not like that they do not remove all the move ons and inactive posters at RC and keep adding them to the stat counts. I am curiuos to know how many "active" members they really have. A lot of sponsors pay a lot of money to advertise there based on how many members they have. And I know more than a couple feel they are no longer getting good value from the money they spend on advertising there.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there John I made it over here! Did you start your redo on the tank in the kitchen yet or no? Wanna come help me do some plumbing :p If you need any help let me know!!!!! I should be free now. I hope :tongue:

Eric

OP
OP
Jhildebrand

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already offered and I believe you have my number! Let me know the time and place and I'll be there.

The tank re-do is coming very soon. The wife's due in 5 weeks and it's all gotta be done before the baby.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good. I am thinking the sooner the better. My system is hurting right now and the way I want to do the new setup it will be so much nicer and make me so much happier. Not to mention my fish and corals!!!

Eric

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non of this here on R2R

Admin_Mod-User.jpg

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was booted and dont know why really. I never got an email stating on why I was booted. Maybe it was because I posted a looking for tank in the club section

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out of town for a couple days of training so I guess I missed most of the entertainment.

Looks like we have a few more people over this way though, so that is a welcome development!

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I'm glad a bunch of people from our club are finding out about this place.
I dunno about you "hoodlums" getting banned on purpose lol I wouldnt go to that extreme.

I tried telling everyone about coming here by email but knew I couldnt post where we were or they'd delete it.

From what Ive heard about the reasons why people were banned they were pretty stupid. Half of them don't even know why. I think they should at least tell you why and give you a warning.

kass

Aquabucket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about coming in late! I am tired of RC as well. Pretty much stopped posting there then Woody today told me that everyone went here.

Looks like a nice site so far!

Downfall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, thought this would be a good thread to re-introduce myself again.

On RC my user name was sprinj76. No tank atm, but I'm keeping an eye out for a 30 gallon or smaller AIO tank (aquapod, biocube, etc...)

Jason

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check craigslist, there is a 24g aquapod and rock or a 29g biocube with rock for sale. its in the pets section for appleton

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back