Where can i find a jack to lift tank up?

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone please advise where i can find a jack to roll an empty tank around and lift it up to the height of the table it will be on?

does anyone know where can i rent one?

the tank is going to be 72x36x24 - 1/2 inch glasss - which i believe comes out to be about 350 lbs.

would this work?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Extreme-...Gm_bSjf2sSb6hai2rvSY7KmcpZjyXoZ8aAlQ5EALw_wcB

do i need something bigger?

i am lost and really would like some advice from experienced folks.

goal is to get this to help lift the tank up and slide it on the table.
I will still have friends helping me out to do that ofcourse. I Just dont want to take the risk of guys lifting it up from the floor and someone dropping it.

McFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented a 'material lift' from Aztec Rentals.

There are a few locations, but this is the one I used:

Aztec Rental Center
5702 Bissonnet St, Houston, TX 77081

upload_2019-3-7_13-9-3.jpeg

Worked like a charm, my buddy and I were able to get my red sea 650 on the stand no problem.

Cheers!

OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mcfly - i guess i am trying to lift it up and put it on the stand.
this dolly looks like what i would use to move it around ... or am i not following right?

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 100g was about 300# empty. me and another fairly strong guy lifted it up, it was heavy and i was worried we'd drop it but it seems to be the easiest way. i'd get another people and everyone grab a side or use those suction cup things

my dims were 48x24x20 with 1/2 glass. given your dims, i think you might be much heavier than 350.... im no expert though at the math :p

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H-1785.jpg
Just a small heads up, as @Burrito mentioned, your tank is probably more than 350 Pounds. The pallet weight of my 125G (60"x30"x17" 1/2" thick glass) was 510 Pounds. Tank itself was around 375-400 If I had to wager a guess. It took 3 of us to wrangle it in the house:) Love @McFly s suggestion if you have the room to maneuver it around:)

You can also use a pallet jack with a lift built in. I'm not sure where you would rent one but I'm sure someone does...

OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know anyone in the HVAC field, check with them. I've seen several contractors use similar lifts to hang commercial furnaces off a ceiling.

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesome - the link shows that these are hydraulics and have lifts in them - so curious on why you needed to build the wooden boxes?
great idea to save the back - appreciate your input.

The max height wasn’t high enough to slide the tank onto the stand. So, made up the difference with wooden boxes.

Honestly, it was the best thing I did. Picked up a pair of suction cups to push and pull

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 95 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 115 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back