Where to place corals and how to fill up liverock

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my saltwater aquarium after almost 3 month being established have abt 5-6 snail , 2 blue leg hermits , and 1 medium size conch for a CUC 2 clown , 1 bangii cardinal , and 1 royal gramma. As you can see the coral I have just got 2 new coral which as in the sand bed and have been indecisive on where to put them. I want to fill my live up rock all with coral but just placing I find hard. Any tips or tricks to fill up my whole liverock with nice colorful corals? And I’m running the stock fluval evo light and have seen nice growth from corals over the couple months so happy with the lighting would it be safe to put some corals on the top of my live rock to fill it out? Any tips , tricks or advice is helpful thank you!

IMG_0172.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can put it anywhere with that tank size and light. Just glue it where you want it. Usually it’s easier to remove it from the plug before you glue it.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you adding SPS or only LPS? Idk how strong the stock light is but if you want SPS be sure it's strong enough.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will all grow in over time. There is room on top for some SPS. A stylophora, montipora, or birds nests are hardy and fast growers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back