• Or something else, but you must list which one

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide between a couple of wrasses to put into my 105g tank. Give me your opinion of which one should I put.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since it's a 105, might as well get all 3 on your poll if your just looking for asthetics.

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can. Just be some aggression at the begin. Also, don't forget to cover your tank. All three are very prone to carpet surfing.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses generally get along in larger tanks, especially once the pecking order is established. I have 4 fairy wrasses in my 120. Once it is fully stocked I plan to have 6-8 each of fairy and flasher wrasses in addition to a bunch of chromis and cardinals, a tang, and several other misc. fish.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALL of the above... :bigsmile:

I currently have:

(2) Lineatus
(2) HI Flames
(1) Hooded
(1) Attenuatus

next month, (2) Rhomboids and (1) Laboutei will be added... :)

Good luck... :)

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my previous 100gal I had a BUNCH of wrasses. Only agro ones were the Mystery and 6line ( KILLERS )

Lineatus 2, Leopards 3, McCoskers, Fairy, yellow coris etc...

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all of those are fine just try to add at the same time or if not for sure use a acclimation box..it will help..the golden and lineatus are the two most likely to fight

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everyone stated add all at once . Get a cover . I have had a McCosker's and a Flame go carpet surfing . I just added a Koi but I have only seen it just last night come out to eat mysis. I keep the net cover on at all times now .

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your poll, the answer is obvious (if you've got the cash). Lanceolatus and roseafacia are also nice ones but the latter can get large and tend to be a bit more cryptic. I've kept all on you list together plus the others mentioned and hooded. Incredible fish but like all fish they have their individual personalities.

OP
OP
Checkitout

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your poll, the answer is obvious (if you've got the cash). Lanceolatus and roseafacia are also nice ones but the latter can get large and tend to be a bit more cryptic. I've kept all on you list together plus the others mentioned and hooded. Incredible fish but like all fish they have their individual personalities.
Well I thought I was going to get the Rhomboid wrasse today when I saw the divers den sneek peek but the one they put up was not the best looking one in my opinion. I like them with the dark purple and the gold. Here is the one they have.
Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den - Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one you are looking for are very hard to find. If you can, buy 2 or 3 of the smaller ones/females and one will turn dominate male in time. Haveing females with a male will help him keep his color also.
I have many, and kept many fairy wrasses and my conclusion is that the blue/green fairies lose their brilliance without a female. The reds, yellows keep their coloration much better.

003-23.jpg

046-3.jpg

047-4.jpg

060-1.jpg

046-2.jpg

050-3.jpg

Aquascaper

Pro: Fish, Inverts
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses generally get along in larger tanks, especially once the pecking order is established. I have 4 fairy wrasses in my 120. Once it is fully stocked I plan to have 6-8 each of fairy and flasher wrasses in addition to a bunch of chromis and cardinals, a tang, and several other misc. fish.

Check it Out,
Jt- has taken his time and recently added 3 more wrasses:tongue:
doing your research has its rewards....
Don't settle when it comes to choosing a wrasse- and consider future wrasse introduction....

Number 1 in wrasse purchace IMO should be finding a healthy/happy fish to begin with-
Then consider the other fish in your tank and how they are likely to react to introduction of a wrasse.....

There are new wrasse Sp. being offered to hobbiest on a regular interval lately...
Caution with these new Sp. as most are deepwater and there is much to learn still...

Suggestion- check out the Cirrhilabrus filamentosus- Great wrasse litness for your tank and somewhat more frugal than the initial list...
See how the tank takes to wrasses...Then take the dive :bigsmile:

IMO, for that size tank, the Fairy wrasses- should work great- for initial introduction, then flashers as a 2nd.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back