White sponge?

bing_ph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3082.JPG
are these white sponges growing in my rockwork? hope picture is good enough to show them ... tank safe right?

thanks!

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, looks like it. Usually they are fine, unlessthey get into and on corals. It can choke them out.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing your tank with anything? Are you feeding your corals anything? What are you feeding your fish, if you have some.

OP
OP
bing_ph

bing_ph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing your tank with anything? Are you feeding your corals anything? What are you feeding your fish, if you have some.
I feed them FUEL and Hikari Coral delight. LPS i give them small slices of shrimp once a week.

Fishes are given pellets, frozen mysis and nori.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be happy with that amount and the potential for further growth. They are fine in small amounts, but they also can spread everywhere. With those kind of foods, your tank is probably a little rich in nutrients.

OP
OP
bing_ph

bing_ph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be happy with that amount and the potential for further growth. They are fine in small amounts, but they also can spread everywhere. With those kind of foods, your tank is probably a little rich in nutrients.
should i cut back on my tank feeding regimen? nitrates max out at 10 ppm. ammonia, nitrites and P04 are zero....

how do i control their growth?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back