Will a dry ph probe from Neptune classic work after 4 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefToReptiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone was wondering if I would be able to use my ph probe that has been in storage for 4+ years. One of my Lfs told me that you can let it sit in storage solution for a day or so and it should be good. Anyone have experience with dry ph probes working after time

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I've read says the pH and ORP probes need to be stored wet or they are ruined if allowed to dry. The salinity and temperature probes are OK if stored dry.

OP
OP
R

ReefToReptiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I've read says the pH and ORP probes need to be stored wet or they are ruined if allowed to dry. The salinity and temperature probes are OK if stored dry.
No way to revive them?,Lfs told me they just got a whole setup with a tank breakdown that was dry for over a year and the probe is working fine. Just don't have the calibration fluid to try it. I've seen posts that say you can and can't. Same thing that you have to change them after a year or so and people saying they have used the for 5+ years

monstdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place them Upside down (air bubble) in the main display for 24 hours. Then try to calibrate. If they calibrate correctly then you're fine. They do break or become uncalibrated regardless of age. I've seen several posts directly from Neptune saying they can be re-hydrated. I would have a look on their forum several posts on this issue.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I would trust a wet probe to continue working after 4 years... I feel that I read even when wet, they need to be replaced every so often.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back