Would XR15 Pro-Blue-Pro Combo Work on 36" Display?

bnaef17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to find middle ground between Radion PRO and BLUE spectrum for SPS dominate tank, I'm thinking about a PRO - BLUE - PRO combo evenly spaced using the RMS arms (3 x XR15s on 36" tank). Would the blue in the middle be too noticeable of a difference? Anyone doing this on a similar sized setup? Would diffusers help with the blending? Thanks for any feedback.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to find middle ground between Radion PRO and BLUE spectrum for SPS dominate tank, I'm thinking about a PRO - BLUE - PRO combo evenly spaced using the RMS arms (3 x XR15s on 36" tank). Would the blue in the middle be too noticeable of a difference? Anyone doing this on a similar sized setup? Would diffusers help with the blending? Thanks for any feedback.
Maybe but you shouldn't really have to.
There is plenty of adjustment i you want to find an in between..
Or even pick a different generation..
Below is the diode compliment of ge5 and gen 6 both pro and blue.
radion56.JPG

There is a lot o tweaking one can do...;)
Gen 6 blue has no type of green though.Gen 5 you have lime in the blue.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
XR15 lights are weak par lights so 3 on a 36 is required to get good SPS par. I have 2 on my 36 running 100% intensity and barely enough par for some SPS confirmed via par meter.

OP
OP
B

bnaef17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. My issue is i already have the 2x PRO's purchased. Thought all BLUE's would be too blue. But i know i need the extra juice of a third unit for heavy SPS so thinking about adding the BLUE in between the two as a middle ground.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. My issue is i already have the 2x PRO's purchased. Thought all BLUE's would be too blue. But i know i need the extra juice of a third unit for heavy SPS so thinking about adding the BLUE in between the two as a middle ground.
I don't think it will make a difference either way with the 3rd but it makes sense to have a balanced spectrum across the tank but reefers mix led and T5 all the time so you should be fine either way. The AB plus setting works fine for SPS yet you still have enough white for viewing pleasure.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back