Would you want these....if so chime in....what other features would you want?

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of any really long gloves that they wear when they work in their tank? I tried the coral life ones. While they are long enough, they are huge. They are made one size and made for the largest of guys. I am a gal, and while tall and athletic, I have petite hands. There was no way I would be able to hold anything or work nimbly in the tank.

I have looked online, googled more, looked at the gloves that vets use when birthing calfs....nothing is great.

Calling all vendors....huge white space opportunity....we need non-latex nitrile gloves that are thick enough so they don't tear on reef rock, but tight (like nitrile gloves), long up to the shoulder with elastic at the opening.... so they don't fall down when we are working in the tanks.

If you are interested in these gloves...chime in so one of the reef vendors will make them.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad about non-latex, just check out the price!

These, if you can buy them?

But maybe the Glove Company has them:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of any really long gloves that they wear when they work in their tank? I tried the coral life ones. While they are long enough, they are huge. They are made one size and made for the largest of guys. I am a gal, and while tall and athletic, I have petite hands. There was no way I would be able to hold anything or work nimbly in the tank.

I have looked online, googled more, looked at the gloves that vets use when birthing calfs....nothing is great.

Calling all vendors....huge white space opportunity....we need non-latex nitrile gloves that are thick enough so they don't tear on reef rock, but tight (like nitrile gloves), long up to the shoulder with elastic at the opening.... so they don't fall down when we are working in the tanks.

If you are interested in these gloves...chime in so one of the reef vendors will make them.
They make disposable shoulder length gloves for hunters (field dressing) as well as for the veterinary field.

OP
OP
pbrown

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad about non-latex, just check out the price!

These, if you can buy them?

But maybe the Glove Company has them:
Thanks- I will reach out to the glove company to see what type of small box can be purchased. Looks perfect- just need the right #\price.

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only time i usually glove up is if I have a cut on my hand. Then I just use a regular nitrile exam glove and put one of my daughters hair ties on my wrist keeps the water out. I do have big hands though so the gloves and hair tie are tight.

OP
OP
pbrown

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only time i usually glove up is if I have a cut on my hand. Then I just use a regular nitrile exam glove and put one of my daughters hair ties on my wrist keeps the water out. I do have big hands though so the gloves and hair tie are tight.
Thank you. I ordered some gloves off Amazon from one of the groups recos. They come in this week. Definitely need them as I pulled another 20+ baby jellies out of my tank this weekend. I can’t go in unglobed any time soon.
These jellies have been appearing since Jan 17… hoping they egg cycle will end soon.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I ordered some gloves off Amazon from one of the groups recos. They come in this week. Definitely need them as I pulled another 20+ baby jellies out of my tank this weekend. I can’t go in unglobed any time soon.
These jellies have been appearing since Jan 17… hoping they egg cycle will end soon.
What are baby jellies and why do they effect you to where you need gloves?

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cattle birthing gloves from a local farm store. They're not condom thin and don't break easy on sharp edges like every other types I've tried.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out a animal health or farm store in your area, they more than likely have shoulder nitrile gloves that you can use

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tore down my Nano after taking care of it for only three years. Pretty sure that I was feeding my tank too much and my Nitrates were way too high. I had a few Bristleworms and they started to multiply. I took a light to the tank at night and it was one of the most creepy things that I have ever seen. It was like I became Medusa’s Head and Poseidon was after me…there were literally 100s of them that crawled out when I put food in the tank and put a light on them to see how many there were.
I bought traps, I made home-made traps and I prayed that the God’s would look upon me in a good way…wasn’t goin‘ to happen. Finally, my husband had pity on me and he bought me my RedSea XL200 for my birthday (…he didn’t like them either) and we tore the tank down and moved my black & white clownfish, my damsel and some of my corals. The rocks and everything else went outside to be rinsed off. It was a pretty terrible experience.
I have a few Bristleworms in my RedSea and I have no idea how they ended up in there. I try to keep the tank super tidy and I don’t over feed and I have a robust clean up crew that scurries around at feeding time. Also, the RedSea and my new equipment is way more efficient at doing away with organic waste not leaving a lot for the Bristleworms to glomb onto.
My only advice for others would be to try to keep your tank on the clean side and let your animals do the cleaning, not the pests. JL

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back