WTB HOB Skimmer

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a HOB skimmer that would work for a 28 gallon? Stand can't hold anytype of sump

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef octopus brand. It's the best HOB I've ever had, and was used on a 220g tank until I upgraded. It had dual pumps on it, and one is bad..the other one I want to keep for a utility pump because it's worth more to me that way than the skimmer is with it. Therefore, you would need to buy a submersible pump that hangs into the tank (with venturi). This skimmer could be cut down and made into a single, if you wanted to do it that way. As it is now, it has two 3/4" pvc pipes that hang into the tank. You could change that and adapt to whatever size you needed for your pump, and be good to go.

I'd probably trade it for something if you wanted it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back