• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB: UV Sterilizer

tlips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

Looking for a UV sterilizer for an 80 gallon tank. Lemme know

Thanks

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid a used one like the plague. First thing is you don’t know how it’s been handled or how old the lamp is, any used savings could quickly be negated by a new lamp. Blow a Ballast and your in the hole cost wise. If it leaks, it could kill your entire tank. I really like my Turbo Twist, Lamps last 12 to 18 months. When it comes time to replace the Lamp, don’t assume you know how to take it apart, get out the instructions, so you don’t damage it,

OP
OP
T

tlips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid a used one like the plague. First thing is you don’t know how it’s been handled or how old the lamp is, any used savings could quickly be negated by a new lamp. Blow a Ballast and your in the hole cost wise. If it leaks, it could kill your entire tank. I really like my Turbo Twist, Lamps last 12 to 18 months. When it comes time to replace the Lamp, don’t assume you know how to take it apart, get out the instructions, so you don’t damage it,
has yours leaked at all? Ive read that the turbo twists leak or have had a history of leaking with some people

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0288.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg

moga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still looking for it?

Aqua Ultraviolet Advantage 2000 Series Sterilizers new never used. (but opened to check the fitting) $ 150. if you want to pick it up or meet ...(i am from VA)​

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has yours leaked at all? Ive read that the turbo twists leak or have had a history of leaking with some people
Never had a leak, I’ve had one apart Four Times. Like I said get out the instructions. Also there’s an odd part in the box, with no mention as to what it is. It goes on the Glass end of the lamp, as a spacer. Just ordered a new one for my 120, building a manifold for Water flow. Things are tight in the cabinet, so I’m on a scavenger hunt for the fittings.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry your too far for me to pickup. Thanks though
If you are interested in meeting up I can drive an hour south or so and meet around Wilmington Del. Or so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back