WWC 12th Anniversary LIVE SALE! 2,500+ WYSIWYG Frags, 200+ $5 Frags, Raffle Prizes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp... I’m telling y’all Miami delivery couriers are a bunch of idiots. I have been waiting on my delivery since 7 am and they had the audacity of saying they attempted a delivery but no one was home! I’m mad I called them and they said they instructed the driver to attempt deliver ASAP. I emailed WWC explaining the situation because I don’t want them to think It was my fault package wasn’t received on the first attempt and void my DOA warranty :/ hopefully all corals arrive safe and on time.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp... I’m telling y’all Miami delivery couriers are a bunch of idiots. I have been waiting on my delivery since 7 am and they had the audacity of saying they attempted a delivery but no one was home! I’m mad I called them and they said they instructed the driver to attempt deliver ASAP. I emailed WWC explaining the situation because I don’t want them to think It was my fault package wasn’t received on the first attempt and void my DOA warranty :/ hopefully all corals arrive safe and on time.

This is why I always have packages with live goods delivered to a FedEx store. They always arrive way before they would get to your house so even if there isn’t one close it still will most likely be in the tank quicker than home delivery.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for everything wwc. The frags are doing great, good polyp extension for the first day as well. My wife loves the emerald crabs I added last minute, thanks for accommodating that. She likes them more than my moyers leopard wrasse, go figure.
I appreciate the bonus frag. Are these rastas or bob marleys?
9F6043A7-86A6-4AFA-AD5A-D7A426D2180F.jpeg

Bob Marley ...I think they answered similar question above and they look the same

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I always have packages with live goods delivered to a FedEx store. They always arrive way before they would get to your house so even if there isn’t one close it still will most likely be in the tank quicker than home delivery.

True and good advice

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I will do that next time!! After cursing them for 20 minutes on the phone the driver just got here about 10 mins ago!

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so just to update everyone that read my other comment. If you curse at fedex over the phone the drivers magically appear at your front door within 30 to 45 minutes lol.

I have a question for y’all tho is this dead or alive?
7ddaf10e53765eb92ebeac1393ff725a.jpg

I don’t want to annoy @WWC but this midnight Daisy has no visible polyps maybe out of stress? Everything else looks good.

804f5567b2153632a4d77bde80f67683.jpg

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my box. I was so nervous I initially asked for them to deliver to a FedEx location but they said it was a morning delivery and if I'm home since I'm so close it shouldn't be an issue.

I had a package of crabs/snails sous vide on me from another vendor who used USPS. USPS does not have a/c in their trucks (mail carriers literally die every year from it), and by the time the guy handed it to me (I was watching out the window to take it from his hands), it was like 2:30 in the afternoon on a 100+ degree day. FedEx only has a/c in "some" trucks, but no way of knowing which ones.

Anywho- I got it almost 30 minutes after it was left because FedEx didn't even bother to knock on the dang door despite my "We are home, please ring doorbell" sign on my front door. :rolleyes: The ice pack was melted but nothing was warm/hot. Whew!

@WWC or anyone who knows- Can I put all my frags together in the bucket to blow off (step 2 acclimation), or do they need to be done separately? I've never gotten this many things at once before.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my box. I was so nervous I initially asked for them to deliver to a FedEx location but they said it was a morning delivery and if I'm home since I'm so close it shouldn't be an issue.

I had a package of crabs/snails sous vide on me from another vendor who used USPS. USPS does not have a/c in their trucks (mail carriers literally die every year from it), and by the time the guy handed it to me (I was watching out the window to take it from his hands), it was like 2:30 in the afternoon on a 100+ degree day. FedEx only has a/c in "some" trucks, but no way of knowing which ones.

Anywho- I got it almost 30 minutes after it was left because FedEx didn't even bother to knock on the dang door despite my "We are home, please ring doorbell" sign on my front door. :rolleyes: The ice pack was melted but nothing was warm/hot. Whew!

@WWC or anyone who knows- Can I put all my frags together in the bucket to blow off (step 2 acclimation), or do they need to be done separately? I've never gotten this many things at once before.

I've done multiple frags together before, just make sure they have room between them some of mine have tried to roll as I was basting them.

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done multiple frags together before, just make sure they have room between them some of mine have tried to roll as I was basting them.
Thanks for the confirmation- I am almost set up with my bucket and water and sent the kids/pets out of the room. I was going to give it a go and cross my fingers, lol.

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah, let the class know what you got!

Caken favia, city lights psammo, five fix pavona, superman monti, war coral, spitfire favia, neon cyphastrea, spongebob favia, neaon platy

bob marley
red cap monti
honeycomp ceptastea
defon cyphastrea
red assie loud
merletti blasto
Hollywood stuner
jedi mind trick
high voltage platy

Only complaint is the handwriting of the packager. Holy cow.

redvsblue23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Caken favia, city lights psammo, five fix pavona, superman monti, war coral, spitfire favia, neon cyphastrea, spongebob favia, neaon platy

bob marley
red cap monti
honeycomp ceptastea
defon cyphastrea
red assie loud
merletti blasto
Hollywood stuner
jedi mind trick
high voltage platy

Only complaint is the handwriting of the packager. Holy cow.
I can never read the packing slip

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are here and situated, unless I’m crazy is that aiptasia on the bottom of my kraken favia?
BC079C4C-9448-4346-8C83-283A101F4FA6.jpeg

That looks like an aiptasia to me. If you have any anti-Aiptasia chemicals - pull that favia out of the tank, hit the aiptasia with a dose, and leave it out of the water for a little while.

The biggest problem with aiptasia is its tendency to spread, especially when stressed. If you attack it when it's out of the water, it won't be able to spread as well.

Michaelsgeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like an aiptasia to me. If you have any anti-Aiptasia chemicals - pull that favia out of the tank, hit the aiptasia with a dose, and leave it out of the water for a little while.

The biggest problem with aiptasia is its tendency to spread, especially when stressed. If you attack it when it's out of the water, it won't be able to spread as well.
Heading to my LFS now to grab some chems!

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to my LFS now to grab some chems!

Lemon juice works in a pinch!

Just don't use Aiptasia X or anything like that while in the tank - F-Aiptasia sounds like it's supposed to be pretty good, but I don't think you can get it anywhere other than the maker's website.

Michaelsgeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemon juice works in a pinch!

Just don't use Aiptasia X or anything like that while in the tank - F-Aiptasia sounds like it's supposed to be pretty good, but I don't think you can get it anywhere other than the maker's website.
Oh for sure not, I’ll be taking it out to treat. Hopefully the coral won’t be stressed that bad.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh for sure not, I’ll be taking it out to treat. Hopefully the coral won’t be stressed that bad.

It's a favia, they're pretty hardy. I wouldn't want to do that with a euphyllia if I could help it, but favids are tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back