Xenia?

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, a few weeks back, I picked up some live rock from a coral research place, so you can assume that there was a ton of coral in the tank I got the rock from.

Today, I was looking around the tank and found a lot of things that I have never seen before, lol.

This appears to be xenia, but not sure.

If it is xenia, I would like to remove it off the rock, but frag it so I can grow it then bring it back. Know how? It's in a tough position where I can't see the base.

20240316_170618.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, a few weeks back, I picked up some live rock from a coral research place, so you can assume that there was a ton of coral in the tank I got the rock from.

Today, I was looking around the tank and found a lot of things that I have never seen before, lol.

This appears to be xenia, but not sure.

If it is xenia, I would like to remove it off the rock, but frag it so I can grow it then bring it back. Know how? It's in a tough position where I can't see the base.

20240316_170618.jpg
Can you poke it and see what it does.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back