Xr30 pro or Atlantik v4 gen 2

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are having a problem with the so called disco effect, and are considering the Radions, or Orpheks, why not try the Mitra LX 7206 lights, as there is no disco ball effect as they use parabolic light diffuser in each puck like the M/H reflectors, and they have a larger light spread then the Radions, and a little less then the Orpheks. All three of these lights are excellent lights, and all will grow any type of coral you want to put in your tank, so good luck with what ever lighting system you choose.
I often wonder why these lights are left out of conversations dealing with high end led options. As stated there is zero disco ball with the Mitras, spread is excellent and colors are amazing. I have a Radion g4 pro as well. Also a great light but you do need the diffuser if you want blended colors. Not sure you can go wrong with any of them. Good luck with choosing.

Jay Norris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often wonder why these lights are left out of conversations dealing with high end led options. As stated there is zero disco ball with the Mitras, spread is excellent and colors are amazing. I have a Radion g4 pro as well. Also a great light but you do need the diffuser if you want blended colors. Not sure you can go wrong with any of them. Good luck with choosing.
Hi, and yes I cannot see why the Mitras are not included in these discussions about the higher end LED lights. My sister has 8 Radions are her 11.5' tank, and I went with the Mitras, over my tank. In my opinion they are the top LED lights out there, along with the Orpheks, but I chose the Mitras due to the Disco Ball problem and a better light spread then the Radions.

Jay Norris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, and yes I cannot see why the Mitras are not included in these discussions about the higher end LED lights. My sister has 8 Radions over her 11.5' tank, and I went with the Mitras, over my tank. In my opinion they are the top LED lights out there, along with the Orpheks, but I chose the Mitras due to the Disco Ball problem and a better light spread then the Radions.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, most people will try to validate what they have by convincing you that they made the right choice and to sell you on their lights. I think either one will work great although Orpheks par numbers seem to be a little better. To me it would depend on which one would cover your tank dimensions the best.

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, most people will try to validate what they have by convincing you that they made the right choice and to sell you on their lights. I think either one will work great although Orpheks par numbers seem to be a little better. To me it would depend on which one would cover your tank dimensions the best.
Although I do agree somewhat with this I feel there are people who do give an honest opinion on what has worked for them. The problem sometimes is filtering through all the information that is out there.

Jay Norris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the Orphek lights seem like the best lights for coverage, due to their panel type design. I went with the Mitras , as I like the parabolic reflectors that are built into each puck housing, which supposedly diffuses the light like my old M/H reflectors. I also believe the parabolic reflectors used my the Mitras help spread the light better, and their is absolutely no disco ball effect with these lights, and with the other lights on the market you need to use some type of diffuser to help blend the light, and eliminate the disco ball effect. If the disco ball effect is not a problem for you then all three lights are excellent lights for any type of tank.

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek would be my pick. Their customer support sucks tho...

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the orpeks and love them. I tried the Radions at first but for the price vs coverage they were WAY more expensive and shadowing was crazy. I needed three Pros on my 5ft tank vs one fullsize and one compact with the Orpheks. As everyone already stated and the BRS videos show, there is no comparison with coverage between the two. Orpheks are the best out there right now for this. As far as disco effect, i have mine mounted at 14" above water and I see no disco at all. Must be some out there with more sensitive eyes. Also, the previous comment here that the customer service sucks must never have tried to use it because it far from sucks. I had an issue with setting mine up initially and they responded to my email within a half hour...on the weekend, and continued to respond about as quick as i replied. No issues for me. My SPS are responding very nicely to the Orpheks as well. Wouldn't trade them for anything else.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will chime in on Orphek CS also. I had a problem with the hanger for the light. I contacted Orphek rep James Emory here on the forums and he gave me the email of who to contact for the new hangar. They got one shipped out right away. James is really helpful and will answer pretty quickly through pm here on the boards. So my experience with Orphek customer service was great. Thumbs up!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back