Yellow algae?

ghill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This yellow algae just showed up yesterday but is showing up in other parts of the tank. Do I need to get rid of it? What has caused this growth? If it needs to go what is the best way? Thanks.

IMG_1526.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This yellow algae just showed up yesterday but is showing up in other parts of the tank. Do I need to get rid of it? What has caused this growth? If it needs to go what is the best way? Thanks.

IMG_1526.jpeg
Is that a painted rock or is it covered with coralline algae? I assume the aquarium is relatively new.

OP
OP
G

ghill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are correct in that the tank is 3 months old. The rock is coralife life rock. Introduced one small live rock when the tank was beginning to cycle.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are correct in that the tank is 3 months old. The rock is coralife life rock. Introduced one small live rock when the tank was beginning to cycle.
Hard to say what the growth is at this point without scraping a bit off and viewing it under a microscope. At first I thought the paint was coming off.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back