Your reefing info at the click of a link? Vanity URL?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will confess that I am old school and a bit intimidated by the technical aspect of participating in it. My tank is simple and so are my technical skills! LOL

PensacolaReefKeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about this for a while and I wanted to know what you think about it and would also like your feedback on what we might need to add.

I think it would be a good idea to have a reefing profile area for each of our members (those that want to participate) that has a quick access link from your profile area. Maybe a tank profile badge under your name or something.

The goal is still being fleshed out but a couple reasons would be a place where people could access your tank info immediately if you need help with something, a way to share you info quickly with R2R outsiders, also a place where you would have tank images as well.

I would want this to be a super detailed view of your system or systems. We would have info like the date you started, stock lists, equipment lists etc..

Then we would populate this data in a neat area in your profile that will take one click to get to. I'm also looking at the possibility of you being able to have a vanity URL where you could share this info outside of R2R with people who you would like to share your tank with. Maybe even QR Codes for someone to scan off your phone or something.

So I need two sets of answers from you.

1. What do you think?

2. What data about your tanks should we allow you to include?

Think of this like your baseball card or your pokemon card for reefing. Shows your skills, shows your stats, shows your info etc...

Thank you!
1. I really dig the idea, but I think you should not make people spend 2 hours completing this. I love reading build threads, but I generally have 3 spare minutes not 30. And having this feature would satisfy my desire to get a feel for how someone else does reefing/ what I can learn from them without taking too much time. Maybe have two options for a long or short form?

2. Def include like a top two photos of the owner's fav coral. I am always seeking to improve. I like to know nutrient management techniques and...idk what to call this...the owner's 'best kept secret.' Maybe they carbon dose. Maybe they use all for reef. Maybe they never do water changes. Maybe they rely heavily on a refugium. That's what I am most interested in.

-Chemical engineer, amateur-decent reefer from North Florida

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love this idea and I'm in. In addition to the thoughts already suggested, I would add controller information and average par values for top, middle, and bottom 3rds.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back