Your top 3-5 frags from Battle Corals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have Pink Famingo, angelica and gilligan from Adam ? Wanted to know how slow did they grow , where are your frags placed and how they doing ?
My gilligan and angelica are colored pretty well but pink flamingo is kind of brown still.. Hoping it would turn someday

Regards,
Abhishek

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone have Pink Famingo, angelica and gilligan from Adam ? Wanted to know how slow did they grow , where are your frags placed and how they doing ?
My gilligan and angelica are colored pretty well but pink flamingo is kind of brown still.. Hoping it would turn someday

Regards,
Abhishek

There's a few Angelicas out there I know but not many. She may be the finest piece in my entire collection!

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Regards,
Abhishek

I got a pink flamingo recently and it was pretty brown, so I started it on the bottom. It is still really low but has gotten really pale. I'm hoping it comes back, because it looks like it has some cool potential. I'd love to hear about placement and see colonies, as well.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few Angelicas out there I know but not many. She may be the finest piece in my entire collection!

No doubt about it. Even at half inch size, you can see green at the bottom and the top half is red unlike anything I have ever seen. Its seems to be pretty slow growing as its just dormant in its spot but holding colors well.
Same as gilligan !!! Although it has started encrusting finally !

I got a pink flamingo recently and it was pretty brown, so I started it on the bottom. It is still really low but has gotten really pale. I'm hoping it comes back, because it looks like it has some cool potential. I'd love to hear about placement and see colonies, as well.

My pink flamingo is now pale but encrusting . It shows hints of blue at the tips but I think we have to be very very patient with this one to show the beauty its capable of .
I have mine in lower PAR of around 150-200 while angelica and gilligan are in higher PAR of 350-400.

Regards,
Abhishek

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt about it. Even at half inch size, you can see green at the bottom and the top half is red unlike anything I have ever seen. Its seems to be pretty slow growing as its just dormant in its spot but holding colors well.

My pink flamingo is now pale but encrusting . It shows hints of blue at the tips but I think we have to be very very patient with this one to show the beauty its capable of .
I have mine in lower PAR of around 150-200 while angelica and gilligan are in higher PAR of 350-400.

Regards,
Abhishek

I haven't measured the PAR of my tank, but it is 6" from the bottom of a 24" deep tank with a 6 bulb ATI T5 (+ LEDs) is hung about 12" above the water. I can't imagine it being more than 200 PAR. I think I made the right choice not putting it any higher. It does seem like the ones that take a while to get color are worth the wait. My Vivid Rainbow looked brown for about 5 months and then exploded with color (before I killed it).

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is
BC SHIPITTOCANADA
Very hot every canadian reefer wants it.

cumbeje

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 700 gallon is just 6 months in I need to look at ordering some frags from battle corals. This thread is very helpful.

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 700 gallon is just 6 months in I need to look at ordering some frags from battle corals. This thread is very helpful.
You can't possibly go wrong ordering from Battlecorals. A good way is to send Adam a pm and tell him how much you want to spend and about what you are looking for as far as color or type and he'll pick out some great ones for you.
We received our first Battlebox today and we were totally amazed at how well he did for us as far as value and selection are concerned. The corals are all healthy. Some have begun to encrust.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Regards,
Abhishek

I figured out my problem with the Pink Flamingo. I got a few frags from a local a few weeks ago and Bayer dipped them. I woke up yesterday morning to find several of those frags covered in bugs, and one of them was really close to the Pink Flamingo. The pink flamingo has a few bugs as well. I'm sure they came form this local guy's tank judging by the number of bugs on these. Several of the frags from him are really pale with numerous bugs. I just tossed the ones that were really covered to prevent the spread. I currently have no benthic feeders in the tank, but have an H. chrysus coming on Friday. I'm hoping he can take care of them without throwing going through a chemical or dipping regimen.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty dark and are crawling all over. I blew them off with a turkey aster hoping the fish would eat them (and hoping I didn't just spread them worse). I also have a billion copepods all over because of a large refugium and nothing that eats them. However, all the copepods on the glass and rock are white/translucent.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleeding tree albro
bc.jpg

Fleshdunce
bc-2.jpg

Twilight Dragon

bc-3.jpg

ATL shades of fall? (that's what was on the bag.. confirm?) and JF fox flame
bc-4.jpg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bleeding tree albro
bc.jpg

Fleshdunce
bc-2.jpg

Twilight Dragon

bc-3.jpg

ATL shades of fall? (that's what was on the bag.. confirm?) and JF fox flame
bc-4.jpg

Yep. Definitely the shades. Those are all looking really good!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back