Yuck!asterina starfish taste horrible

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I share! Well! About once every 6 months I go in a take out as much asterina starfish as I can and this time forgot a container to collect them in and just grabbed a glass of water near by (so you know where this is going). Then forgot I place on table. A little later and thirsty, I mistaking took a big gulp of what I thought was clean water instead dumped about 30 ish starfish in my mouth. Needless to say “not so tasty” no wonder fish don’t eat!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meme Reaction GIF by Justin

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they are probably going to live off the watermelon plant growing in my stomach from the seeds I swallowed as a kid. Let’s if the older folk remember that folklore!
i got warts from playing with toads.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost puked just reading that. Ugg... Just for thoughts... Wouldn't the bacteria in the tank combat / fight with the bacteria in our gut? Which would win?
wasn't tank water in the glass.

Good question but have to say i live on the NewJersey intercostal and swallowed ton’s of bay water over the years swimming, Tubing etc. I think my tank is A LOT cleaner. So no worries! Lol
Btw I did have some tap water in it but also accumulated a good amount of tank water by constantly putting in the starfish

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back