Zoa Eating Nudi?? Help ID PLZ!

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I found this critter on one of my Zoas in my coral QT tank today. I immediately removed it and took these photos... I think it might be a Zoa eating Nudi? Please help me positively ID and if possible suggest my course of action going forward? I assume a schedule of dips to try and break the life cycle of this pest? Thanks
IMG_20191222_114545__01.jpg
IMG_20191222_114557__01.jpg

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winner winner chicken dinner! Get a wrasse and dip those baddies , your gonna have to keep inspecting and cleaning for a few months . it takes like 3-4 weeks for eggs to hatch then like 4 more weeks till they are visable size.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winner winner chicken dinner! Get a wrasse and dip those baddies , your gonna have to keep inspecting and cleaning for a few months . it takes like 3-4 weeks for eggs to hatch then like 4 more weeks till they are visable size.

That's what I thought. I have other corals in the same QT... I'll dip them all of course but will I need to be concerned about these being on the others? I was putting them through 76 day fishless QT to protect against ick and velvet in the display. I don't mind keeping them all in QT longer just want to know what to expect

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.8%
Back