Zoa ?

cichlidcrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 7 months old and I have a few soft corals. They are a mix of leathers. toadstools and mushrooms. They are growing well and I now want to try zoas. What are some of the best zoas to start with? I'm using LED lighting.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would try with the cheapest PE you can get. they're big, nice to look at and are supposed to be hardy.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just about any zoa or pali can be fairly easy to keep as long your you dont jump into the $50+ per polyp you should be fine. if you have any local stores aroudn there check them out for the cheap frags of zoasand pali and pick up a couple and see how they do. or even try and find some local people with some frags to sell that owuld be your best bet to start.

euphoricgear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dragon eye, radioactive dragon eyes, watermellons and eagle eyes are one of the easiest to find and grows fast. good luck.

bluepit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most all zoas/palys are easy to keep. just stay away from the highend stuff until you can keep the average stuff with no problem.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%

Back