Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pffft thats from over a month ago. I was going to use it for a kids birthday party and went with something else. So of course that bag lives there now.
Well, if it was yours and I missed it, happy belated.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that jelly?!?!? Wanna trade?
Absolutely! It’s strawberry jam. I could spare some, but only for you. ;) I was hoping to get 52 jars but ended up with 36 because that’s all the strawberries the farmers market had. The lady behind me got real fresh when I said I would take the rest of them. lol. I stood my ground because my kids eat about a jar a week but conflict avoidant Becky was freaking out on the inside. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

My usual upick had their crop ruined by a utility company from a Herbicide spray drift. Bummer sauce.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Absolutely! It’s strawberry jam. I could spare some, but only for you. ;) I was hoping to get 52 jars but ended up with 36 because that’s all the strawberries the farmers market had. The lady behind me got real fresh when I said I would take the rest of them. lol. I stood my ground because my kids eat about a jar a week but conflict avoidant Becky was freaking out on the inside. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

My usual upick had their crop ruined by a utility company from a Herbicide spray drift. Bummer sauce.
Hold on... Someone got mad when you bought the first-come-first-served strawberries? How could you do such a thing!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on... Someone got mad when you bought the first-come-first-served strawberries? How could you do such a thing!
Exactly.. people were buying flats of them ahead of me but because I took the last of them, I was the bad guy. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Exactly.. people were buying flats of them ahead of me but because I took the last of them, I was the bad guy. :face-with-rolling-eyes:
It's a Becky thing. You wouldn't understand. Actually, it's probably a Karen thing, you wouldn't understand.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep it for the kiddos. My mom spoiled me as well. I can't eat regular store bought jelly thanks to her. We would make strawberry raspberry ( black and red) and grape. She even strained some of the raspberry bc I didn't like the seeds. Your kids are very lucky.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it for the kiddos. My mom spoiled me as well. I can't eat regular store bought jelly thanks to her. We would make strawberry raspberry ( black and red) and grape. She even strained some of the raspberry bc I didn't like the seeds. Your kids are very lucky.
It’s way better for sure… we make the lower sugar kind. I used to make both regular and lower and I noticed we kept hunting in the cabinet for the lower one first.. so we decided a couple years ago to just make it all that way. It burns through the berries faster, but I think the jam is better.

Robbie asked me why I never make other kinds of jam. The short answer is I’m usually burned out after the work making the strawberries and raspberry and blackberry require you to run the jam through food mill to remove seeds. He said, just leave the seeds in it. I explained that it does still leave seeds in it alittle,put maybe cuts it in half. Without doing that it’s way too many to be enjoyable. I’ve never made grape.. the upick place should have red raspberry and blueberries soon. I may give it a go since I didn’t get that much strawberry.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s way better for sure… we make the lower sugar kind. I used to make both regular and lower and I noticed we kept hunting in the cabinet for the lower one first.. so we decided a couple years ago to just make it all that way. It burns through the berries faster, but I think the jam is better.

Robbie asked me why I never make other kinds of jam. The short answer is I’m usually burned out after the work making the strawberries and raspberry and blackberry require you to run the jam through food mill to remove seeds. He said, just leave the seeds in it. I explained that it does still leave seeds in it alittle,put maybe cuts it in half. Without doing that it’s way too many to be enjoyable. I’ve never made grape.. the upick place should have red raspberry and blueberries soon. I may give it a go since I didn’t get that much strawberry.
Ever do a mixed berry? I think that sounds yummy but I have never seen any.

How are the little cardinals doing?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

1716903602152.png

this is the kind my children smear all over themselves and anything else they can touch at the places we try not to take them to eat...

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've done a blackberry and pineapple combo on the fly one time because we didn't have enough blackberries for the full recipe. We called it "mixed berry". lol it was actually really good.

Cardinals aren't so little any more. Still have all 5. So I guess the tank isn't a complete poo show.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back