OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably could have waited and asked lfs to order one, but I wanted to take down the Evo and it's the perfect observation tank for new comers since it's mature and now near empty. The clowns are easy to catch on delivery day so the tank will be ready by Wednesday.

I haven't gotten the last 2 anenomes out yet, I can't get the sponge to sit right for the nem cannon. I might have to try a smaller sponge.

I'll likely glue together the pico and set it up on the dresser that the Evo is on now.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost a few sticks from my battlebox order, randomly here and there. I'm trying a new tactic with saving RTN pieces though, and interesting enough, it's kinda working?

1, when I see trouble, i prep an iodine dip.
2, get trouble frag into iodine and prepare a plug or two, glue and cutters.
3, inspect and cut a chunk to save, sometimes more if the frag was branchy. Back into dip.
4, glue saved onto new plugs then back into display in a lower light spot.
The gathering of tools gives the perfect time for dip. I do this all on top of the glass lids, (don't judge me) so it's fast and minimal out of water time.

Short term results have been about 50/50. The first one I did a week ago split into 2, but have not peeled again and are going good so far. The one I did last night, I also got 2, and one peeled and one didn't.

Last time I did nothing other than dips, and I saw many slowly die. I thought this time I'll try something different.

Credit to Frank to just cut the good part off from me posting about my struggles during.... well the last struggle.

I still have the contest Houdini frag, and 6 of his friends doing good with pretty polyps out.
IMG_20240527_073518345.jpg

The 2 i saved from a week ago. Still look good.
IMG_20240527_073537775.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back