Green bubble anemone need help asap

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys got a new green bubble anemone been looking good have had it about a week today I fed it one piece of krill and it took it and ate it about 30-40 minutes went buy now he looks like this it's a brown slime hes all shriveled up and looks like he's dying I've seen a lot of videos about feeding and I just dropped it on him and he took it down to his mouth also I've been feeding him mysis sence I got him he grabs the pieces and eats them just fine anything reason why he is doing this now because of the krill?? Also will he recover the little i read it can be his poop or uneat food or the algae that grows inside of him he is releasing so far I have not seen the piece of krill come out any help is appreciated thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg

The last picture is what he used to look like a few days ago he's right in the middle there behind the rocks

OP
OP
M

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at that the time u sent this he was even worse just looked like a foot completely shriveled up but now he seems to look alotttt better i wounder if he just pushed out some slime junk he had and then ate the shrimp because I still didn't see any krill that he threw up i will try to feed him probly wendsday or Thursday and will keep everyone posted if anyone is interested also here's some pics how he looks now I turned the lights back on so u can see
image.jpg
image.jpg

reef heaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it could have just been waste if it was brown and he doesn't seem to have melted. He looks better definitely.

OP
OP
M

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he's doing it again and I think I know why I have ich from a new fish so I tried kick ich by ruby reef it says reef safe but maybe it's irritating him I don't think this ich treatment is gunna work anyways but hopefully it doesn't kill my bubble in the process we will see if it doesn't cure in gunna do a qt tank for the fish and leave the dt empty for the recomended time to kill off the parasite

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looked like it was going to the bathroom,
but i had a green act that way for a few weeks. then it split. then the splits died. if you have a qt tank keep it in there for a few weeks until you're sure its good

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is normal, same place they eat from they poop, and it is usually a brownish-clear slimy mess. They generally get smaller or shrivel when pooping, I am guessing it helps them expel the waste since their structure is similar to a balloon but swell with water most of the time. They are pretty hardy most of the time and handle shipping well as long as their foot is not damaged by the vendor or collector

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From that first picture, it almost looks more like it is spawning, as opposed to waste. If so, it is most likely a stress spawn.

Stop with the ick meds -- they won't work and/or will kill your inverts. Need to run your tank fallow for at least 8 weeks.

When the first picture was taken, did it look anything like this? (( was my S. haddoni spawning ))

Hspawn1.jpg

Hspawn2.jpg

Clouded up tank,

Hspawn.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really just closed right up and had the brown poop it went all over the tank but didn't make it cloudy just had the brown string all over so I fished it out with the net as much as I could

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It kind of sounds like you may be feeding it too much.

A small amount once a week should be more than enough. (I've actually heard that if you feed them too much, they will 'bleach' out because they aren't using the 'algae' within them to supply the food.)

Allen

OP
OP
M

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was the first time I ever feed him and it was one krill that was it 5 days ago today I tried to feed him again he was stretched out and about 7-8 inches in diameter he was huge so I gave him one krill and he shriveled up into nothing this time no poop so I may try to feed something else it's deffinently not over feeding I know that

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was the first time I ever feed him and it was one krill that was it 5 days ago today I tried to feed him again he was stretched out and about 7-8 inches in diameter he was huge so I gave him one krill and he shriveled up into nothing this time no poop so I may try to feed something else it's deffinently not over feeding I know that

I feed them 1-2x weekly some whole fish or a piece of krill, they occasionally skip a meal and dont eat their offering but a fish or another anem grabs it. I would not worry about over-eating except for fouling the water, they only take in the food when hungry and it is pretty quickly if they are eating it, otherwise fish it out if no one else grabs it

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think about a water change or running some carbon, or both for a few days. Always worry about that as I may need to termite gas my house eventually

Back