Mini Max Anemone Hiding - how to feed?

driciladr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I got a mini max anemone on Saturday, and he took a walk between two rocks in the back of the tank, partially tilted up so I can see his colors and if I turned off the pumps his mouth i can maybe see, but how the heck to I feed and keep an eye on him if he's living his best life sideways from my view? He chose the WORST spot in the tank for reaching him for feeding.

noahwz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I got a mini max anemone on Saturday, and he took a walk between two rocks in the back of the tank, partially tilted up so I can see his colors and if I turned off the pumps his mouth i can maybe see, but how the heck to I feed and keep an eye on him if he's living his best life sideways from my view? He chose the WORST spot in the tank for reaching him for feeding.
My recommendation would be just wait for him to come out, anemones will walk around until they have the right spot to thrive, if you are worried try spot feeding with the pumps off, his tentacles should be able to pull it to his mouth.

They do require higher lighting so I’m sure he will try to come out, if he doesn’t in a few days your may need to intervene, might just be adjusting to your tank and lighting.

OP
OP
driciladr

driciladr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation would be just wait for him to come out, anemones will walk around until they have the right spot to thrive, if you are worried try spot feeding with the pumps off, his tentacles should be able to pull it to his mouth.

They do require higher lighting so I’m sure he will try to come out, if he doesn’t in a few days your may need to intervene, might just be adjusting to your tank and lighting.
It's funny I checked on him this AM still in same spot so I put this post up, went up a few hours later and he's on the move come up so will see where he ends up in next few hours.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back