Tek Light tune up

Reefer M4dness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have recently bought a complete tank set-up and in the deal we inherited a 36" 6 bulb Tek-Light. I have been pricing out the replacement cost of switching to a sleek looking LED bar but I don't think that throwing that kind of money away is practical (considering I have no idea what I'm doing yet). So that leaves me with what we have, which from what I understand is actually a decent light. I will be taking it down this weekend and cleaning it up nicely and getting all the salt creep off the shield but I would also like to replace the bulbs because I have no idea how old the current ones are.

I have read a number of the threads on here as well as other forums and I'm afraid that the information contained is a bit deep for me at this particular time. I am looking for a little advice as to what to buy in the way of replacement bulbs for my T5. We have a few nice zoas and a few miscellaneous LPS frags currently in the tank and would like to add more in the coming months. I am looking for a combination that makes the colors pop while giving us the chance to get good coral growth as well as something suitable for SPS in case we decide to dip our toe in that pool down the road. Our tank a 21" deep, 60Gal.

I realize that there is loads and loads of information on this specific topic available but its a bit overwhelming so I am looking for a bit of assistance, thanks in advance.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back