Where's GWS3 hiding?

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been looking over Graham's (GWS3) FS threads and looks like he has some great frags, a few pieces that are on my WTB list.

Haven't seen him active in a while, did he get out? Or is he just not on this forum anymore?

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try pm'ing him. He responded to mine a few weeks back saying his tank wasn't as overgrown this yr so he may not post a sale thread, but would put together a pack if I was interested in something in particular.

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been looking over Graham's (GWS3) FS threads and looks like he has some great frags, a few pieces that are on my WTB list.

Haven't seen him active in a while, did he get out? Or is he just not on this forum anymore?

Hey there. I am still around, just haven't posted a sale thread in quite a while.

I finally upgraded my display tank from a 90 gallon to a 300DD last year. I set up the 300 on it's own system with all dry rock and seeded it with a few rocks from the main system. I lost a number of colonies after moving them to the 300. I believe I didn't allow the system enough time to fully finish cycling or the colonies just didn't react well to the move as they had been in the same spot in the 90 gallon for 5-7 years. The most painful one to lose was my 7 year old Oregon Tort colony. It's a super slow grower and took quite a few years to get to colony size.

I've also had lackluster growth in the main system for a year or two now and certain colonies that didn't look as deeply colored as they once did. I finally concluded that my system was running too low of nutrients. A few months ago I stopped using GFO & ROX Carbon, set the skimmer to only run during the day, added more fish and things have improved a lot since then. I've definitely joined the GFO skeptics club.

Anyway, my tanks are no longer overgrown so I haven't had a need to sell frags. I'll probably wait until the 300 is starting to fill in and things are all growing out well before I do a sale thread. In the mean time just shoot me a PM with what you're looking for and I'll let you know what I can cut. I don't mind cutting packs on request, just don't have a need to trim the colonies back right now.

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gws3 sure glad i got that rmf acid trip milli from you a yr or so ago when i got that pack. Would love to see u getting that 300 rockin.

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@gws3 sure glad i got that rmf acid trip milli from you a yr or so ago when i got that pack. Would love to see u getting that 300 rockin.

You have some beautiful coral, I'm sure it's doing really well for you. Do you have a colony pic? I'll get the 300 grown out with SPS, just a matter of time!

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some beautiful coral, I'm sure it's doing really well for you. Do you have a colony pic? I'll get the 300 grown out with SPS, just a matter of time!

My sps have been on a bumpy ride for he last year. They were doing well in my old tank, then I upgraded and like most people I got anxious and started to move in some sps after 4 months, they struggled, lost a few, rest turned brown. Then I decided to redo my aquascape bc I wasn't 100% happy and knew it would be better now than later to re do it. So I took all the sps out, setup a temporary ft, params were flying all over the place. Loss about 1/3- 1/2 of them. It was like Russian Roulette coming home every day not knowing which one(s) would be dead. Finally got them back in the dt end of summer 2014. Doing well, then went on vacation for 2 weeks, some died, some loss color. But over the last 4-5 months they have been back on track and looking happy.

I don't have a pic, but I should take one. It's a little mini colony now.

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My sps have been on a bumpy ride for he last year. They were doing well in my old tank, then I upgraded and like most people I got anxious and started to move in some sps after 4 months, they struggled, lost a few, rest turned brown. Then I decided to redo my aquascape bc I wasn't 100% happy and knew it would be better now than later to re do it. So I took all the sps out, setup a temporary ft, params were flying all over the place. Loss about 1/3- 1/2 of them. It was like Russian Roulette coming home every day not knowing which one(s) would be dead. Finally got them back in the dt end of summer 2014. Doing well, then went on vacation for 2 weeks, some died, some loss color. But over the last 4-5 months they have been back on track and looking happy.

I don't have a pic, but I should take one. It's a little mini colony now.

That's about the same amount of time (4 months) I waited before moving colonies into my new set up. I consider myself an experienced reefer, but that was actually the first time I put together a new setup with 100% dry rock. Lesson learned. Evidently coralline algae and no algae or other blooms does not mean your tank is done cycling and fully stable. This hobby never stops teaching me patience.

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this post. sorry about your corals. Perhaps i need to read before posting questions. Hope your corals come back stronger.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your new tank progresses nicely from here on. It would be great if you could start a build thread. I've admired your tank and corals through the years via the sale threads. You have blue thumbs for growing coral nicely. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back