Coral Beauty being aggressive towards my fire fish

Reef_Boy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago i bought a coral beauty for my 40g tank. 2 days ago I bought a fire fish. I was planning on getting 2-3 because I know they are better in groups, however the fish store only had one. I put the fire fish in that night, and the next morning i couldn’t find him. I assumed he was hiding, which he was. I waited another day without seeing him and I decided to lift up the rock where he was hiding and it swam out. The coral beauty immediately went after it and picked on it. The fire fish went back under the rock. So i knew throat wasn’t good so i tried to catch the coral beauty and put it in a breeder box to see if they would adjust but i had no luck catching him. so i ended up catching the fire fish and letting them get used to each other. I’m planning on getting more fire fish like i said, but in the meantime, while the fire fish is in the breeder box, what should I do to prevent aggression. I feed the tank misis shrimp and brine shrimp daily. Any suggestions?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish do you currently have and can we get a tank pic? If aggression is already an issue then adding more fish probably isn't a good idea

OP
OP
R

Reef_Boy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 fish and some inverts… I haven’t had an aggravation problem at all before until i added the firefish

Attachments

• IMG_3435.jpeg
    IMG_3435.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3428.jpeg
    IMG_3428.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3436.jpeg
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3377.jpeg
    IMG_3377.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 29

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago i bought a coral beauty for my 40g tank. 2 days ago I bought a fire fish. I was planning on getting 2-3 because I know they are better in groups, however the fish store only had one. I put the fire fish in that night, and the next morning i couldn’t find him. I assumed he was hiding, which he was. I waited another day without seeing him and I decided to lift up the rock where he was hiding and it swam out. The coral beauty immediately went after it and picked on it. The fire fish went back under the rock. So i knew throat wasn’t good so i tried to catch the coral beauty and put it in a breeder box to see if they would adjust but i had no luck catching him. so i ended up catching the fire fish and letting them get used to each other. I’m planning on getting more fire fish like i said, but in the meantime, while the fire fish is in the breeder box, what should I do to prevent aggression. I feed the tank misis shrimp and brine shrimp daily. Any suggestions?
I agree with Jekyl, as coral beauty are usually not known for aggression! Mine is a model citizen. While all fish have their own characteristics, as a norm they are rather peaceful fish. Can you attach a tank pic?

OP
OP
R

Reef_Boy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Jekyl, as coral beauty are usually not known for aggression! Mine is a model citizen. While all fish have their own characteristics, as a norm they are rather peaceful fish. Can you attach a tank pic?

Attachments

• IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
R

Reef_Boy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish do you currently have and can we get a tank pic? If aggression is already an issue then adding more fish probably isn't a good idea
I have 5 fish and some inverts. Never had a problem with the CB before until the other day

Attachments

• IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 29

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 fish and some inverts. Never had a problem with the CB before until the other day
I will say that in general, firefish are some of the most skittish I have seen. Mine stayed hidden most of the time. Whe he is out and about nobody bothers him, he just seems to like to hide

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If an agression is an issue than other aggressive fish like a dotty back.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mirror on tank. Can buy the amazon ones for like 10 bucks with suctions. Coral beauty will attack itself.

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above posts. If you add more firefish you will have 3x the problems. Docile cryptic fish like firefish should have been added first before the CB. You can try and move a couple rocks around and see if that confuses your CB and let's the firefish find his cave. They hide most of the time.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back