300 DD Starphire

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I went about the same put I put a riser under my stand because I new I would be moving so I could get it threw a door .Next time I will have a metal stand built in two pieces and just skin it. Now after I moved I have my equipment next to it and sump so I dont have to mess with anything under it.lol

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How do you like that Dart pump? I hear good and bad things about them. Its like people love them or just completely hate them. How long has that Reef flow been running? I'm currently running a blueline on my 125 and been running strong for 4 years now. I think I've made up my mind and am going with a DC pump for my new setup. I think I will probably use a speedwave 1000 until the new Reef Octopus DC pump comes out late this summer and then buy that and use the speedwave as a back up. To many Decisions these days.

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I love the dart havent had one problem with it and its only been running less than a year I also have been looking at the dc pumps also as a backup ,what are you going to get for a skimmer I have a super reef octopus 5000sss on mine but I am trying to sell it tho to get a external.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna use the Reef Octopus Diablo DC 250
20140122_191323.jpg

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought that one or the 300 but the dc pumps just came out at the time and I wanted everybody else to be the genie pig first I have heard good things about them now.lol

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats AquaCox on the tank. I think I'm going to paint the back a light blue. I tinted my last tank and that worked well but I think I want blue this time.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going with 6 AI Hydras. I've got 4 right now just waiting for some more funds to get the last 2. I have the standard AI controller but am thinking of buying the Neptune modal so I can control them with my Apex. Not exactly sure how that all works together.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to get the new tank up and running!! I think Biggie is gonna love his new home. He's definitely out grown the 125!!
20130924_204055.jpg

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea mine just died in the move it was my kids favorite fish he would let you pet him like a dog.He was just getting his streamers too.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss that's rough. My kids would be devastated. Are u gonna try another one?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back