Marineland 300 dd

ehull71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want some opinions
I'm looking at upgrading my tank 265 to 300 or 400 gallon I found a marineland 300 dd for a great price but I am hesitant because of all the reviews. I'm also looking at glass cages for new custom but the price is much higher. 5000.00 and no stand not that I'm saying it's a bad price but it's a lot more then the 300d dd. I mean what's to say that the new tank won't fail as well. Right ? Probably not likely but....
Thoughts ?

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it really worth all the work going from a 265 to a 300? Im looking to upgrade soon and cant for the life of me find a decent used setup or something reasonably priced. Im wanting to go to a standard 90 to a 150.

I to have been looking at glasscages and really like there new furniture options. Unfinished with the 6ft long tank i want it will be $5K+. In this economy who can swing that. I couldn't imagine the cost for a 300+ tank.

OP
OP
E

ehull71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it really worth all the work going from a 265 to a 300? Im looking to upgrade soon and cant for the life of me find a decent used setup or something reasonably priced. Im wanting to go to a standard 90 to a 150.

I to have been looking at glasscages and really like there new furniture options. Unfinished with the 6ft long tank i want it will be $5K+. In this economy who can swing that. I couldn't imagine the cost for a 300+ tank.
It's not the gallons it's the foot print that I want I want a deeper tank 36" not a long tank like I have

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 250-300 gallon deep dimension is my dream tank and have found a couple of them for sale at a sweet deal but because of the reviews I’ve held off. If I was more ambitious and the price was right I’d buy it and reseal it myself, just haven’t had enough of the urge just yet and never resealed a tank before and not sure I want to start on a tank that size. I actually had a guy with a failed Red Sea 750xxl that he wanted to sell me tank, stand, glass sump, pretty much everything to get the tank back going except the reseal job for $400 and I held off. For what it’s worth I don’t follow polo reef much but I do know he had two of the 250DD and one of them recently just sprung quite the leak. Would love to own either of those tanks but the history behind them and the thought of having one full and spring a leak just seems to likely and that would be a bad day

OP
OP
E

ehull71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 250-300 gallon deep dimension is my dream tank and have found a couple of them for sale at a sweet deal but because of the reviews I’ve held off. If I was more ambitious and the price was right I’d buy it and reseal it myself, just haven’t had enough of the urge just yet and never resealed a tank before and not sure I want to start on a tank that size. I actually had a guy with a failed Red Sea 750xxl that he wanted to sell me tank, stand, glass sump, pretty much everything to get the tank back going except the reseal job for $400 and I held off. For what it’s worth I don’t follow polo reef much but I do know he had two of the 250DD and one of them recently just sprung quite the leak. Would love to own either of those tanks but the history behind them and the thought of having one full and spring a leak just seems to likely and that would be a bad day
Yeah thats the thing as well I have never resealed a tank before

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of Red Sea tanks for sale on Market Place is crazy. The one tank brand im avoiding.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back