Tank transfer from a 90 to a 90

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2022
Messages
2,802
Reaction score
2,629
Location
Wilmington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 90 has been running for about 6 months now but I recently acquired this new 90 gallon that was drilled and a sump from a local refer for cheap. So i wanted to switch everything over. Very daring as my 90 with canister has been running flawlessly.

It took about a month to get everything together and plumbed.


2x Nero5
1- Red Sea Reefwave 25
Red Sea Doser 4
Red sea Doser 2
Red sea skimmer 300
BRS co2 srcubber
Main return: Jebao dcp-6500
Aqua UV 15 watt barbed
Jebao dcp-2500 for UV
2x AI Hydra 32’s
1-32” Quanta meso blue light bar
Gamma2 dog food bin for ro water
Tunze osmolater
Apex el 2x eb832
AI fuge light
2x Finnex 300 heaters
Inkbird heater controller

7541EF85-046A-4E11-A404-93B397CBCB69.jpeg


I set up the new tank right beside the old one.

DD417684-5C64-4B78-9056-159CC4508C19.jpeg

I set up two tanks one 20 for the fish and a 10 gal for the frags.
2EF84B74-EAF9-49E7-A80F-736496FB1036.jpeg


A3045FB9-32B0-4D46-A217-52B8D57C94AB.jpeg
175B7DBE-A889-4132-8411-CD9E0FD4E513.jpeg

Started adding corals to the 10 gal

C5E835BF-7DF2-44D4-826A-985A872AC326.jpeg

Filled the hob with media from the canister and added a few rocks.

3C42D863-2D77-4C59-AD63-F7E90E1C3610.jpeg

Moved tank out of the way
95CB92F1-794A-4600-92B3-E4A824F8737F.jpeg

AAC727BA-5263-4B20-B8CA-F0480590DCD4.jpeg

Aquascape complete i started to fill tank.
 
Last edited:
Looks great! I'd love to see a fill equipment list and stocking list. I'm thinking about a 90 gallon and seeing other people's make me want to upgrade!
 
Looks great! I'd love to see a fill equipment list and stocking list. I'm thinking about a 90 gallon and seeing other people's make me want to upgrade!
2x Nero5
1- Red Sea Reefwave 25
Red Sea Doser 4
Red sea Doser 2
Red sea skimmer 300
BRS co2 srcubber
Main return: Jebao dcp-6500
Aqua UV 15 watt barbed
Jebao dcp-2500 for UV
2x AI Hydra 32’s
1-32” Quanta meso blue light bar
Gamma2 dog food bin for ro water
Tunze osmolater
Apex el 2x eb832
AI fuge light
2x Finnex 300 heaters
Inkbird heater controller
 
Great looking tank!
 
I did some crazy house mods this past week and a screw up.

Ive been wanting to setup AWC and my ATO pump in the garage.

I drilled out through my studs and ran a 1” flex pipe through the wall. My garage is about 15 ft away from my tank.

On the other side of this wall is my tank.

IMG_9823.jpeg

IMG_9824.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new