Make some WAVES and WIN a Tunze Wavebox!!! $340 Value!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started 2 years ago with a 38 gallon tank and the hobby grew until I was forced to downsize tanks and take grief from my now almost 5 year old son. I have since pieced together a new tank, 55 gallon, with bits and pieces from people on various sites. I have mostly frags, along with a diatom problem mainly caused by lack of flow as the power heads from my smaller tank are not enough. New baby due march 27 put a smaller budget on the tank and I am starting to watch zoas and the few sps close up from diatom suffocation.

My lighting and filtration were upgraded thanks to a family member and I am now running a 6 bulb tek light, eshopps sump and older (but efficient) hydor skimmer. I am almost complete, just can't afford to provide the tank with more flow and am afraid of having to downsize everything again.

#brown tank= no fun

Ddavis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be great in my 125 with my new SPS additions.

image.jpg

butters417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get more into sps, this would help tremendously!

Pastor Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this contest on my Facebook wall. This would be a nice piece of Equipment on the Church Daycare tank build.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ventured down the path of SPS recently and I am only able to sustain the hardiest of SPS as I do not have enough flow. I would like to start caring for some gorgs as well but flow restrictions prevent me from pulling the trigger on them. I would be astoundingly grateful to win this. I will start a tank thread this afternoon when I get off work. Boss is coming...gotta go!!

ScreamingDingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on a new 200 gallon build and the cost is prohibitive. This would certainly help offset it!

I plan on SPS heavy corals, and the flow would be a huge aid.

Last edited:

jonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how I missed this one for so long!

My tank would really benefit from wave movement because I have some terrible dead spots in flow that I just can't seem to remedy without causing dead spots in other places. Not only does this tick off some corals, but I get some pretty serious detritus build up in certain spots if I don't stay on top of it.

Here's my share on FB: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/jonnywoo22890/Untitled_zps42cac607.png
My updated tank thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/114777-55gal-mixed-reef.html

ama168

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could always use more water movement and shared on FB.

Fallling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank build is just about done but I still need to something in there for more water movement.... just return and closed loop at the moment and a penny bank that's almost empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back