Hydrogen Peroxide Dip

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only recently have I heard talk about this sort of dip. Can you guys please give me tips on length of dip time, ratio of h2o2 to water, if any dolution, tips, etc. Is this only for zoas or other corals as well?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Only recently have I heard talk about this sort of dip. Can you guys please give me tips on length of dip time, ratio of h2o2 to water, if any dolution, tips, etc. Is this only for zoas or other corals as well?

When I used hydrogen peroxide in a dip, it was for hair algae or bryopsis that had grown around zoanthids so that I could not pull it off without damaging the polyps.
I've only used it on zoanthids/palys.
I used a 30 percent hydrogen peroxide to 70 percent tank water ratio for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Then I always placed the frag that was dipped in front of a powerhead for 10 seconds or so to blow off any remaining hp from the frag.

Repeat if needed, but give it a day between treatments.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just recently dipped for hair algae. I used a 50 percent solution of H202 to tank water, dipped for 4 minutes, followed by a 4 drop iodine dip in a cup of water. I have 2 out of about 20 frags that look like they will need a second dip. Everything else is clear.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also used 3 percent Hydrogen Peroxide in a 50-50 solution to rid byropsis and hair algae off zoa frags with great success

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back