The Bowser Zoa

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes they are from Hugo. His coloration has intrigued me. The polyp doesn't resemble the original strain or what it is when you think of a bowser polyp. It's much more vibrant and less yellows. On the other hand, after talking with Hugo and some other bowser enthusiasts, as well as seeing caudills pictures, I honestly believe it's all about parameters.

The genetics take it to an amazing height but your lighting and flow will determine it's originality. I am no scientist nor claim to be knowledgeable as to how morphs are formed but it seems to me that how you care for your polyp as opposed to another's tank might have something to do with different morphs rather than pure genetics.

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is my bowser... mind you he was fragged and placed in 2 different aquariums before it was finally resting in my display... this is 10 minutes after the lights came on... ill post comparison shots tomorrow. For now... he is safe and sound. Sorry for the picture quality... it was taken on an HTC cell phone...

(Under my normal lighting)

IMAG0465.jpg

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok get growing now so u can bring me a frag !!
Here is my bowser... mind you he was fragged and placed in 2 different aquariums before it was finally resting in my display... this is 10 minutes after the lights came on... ill post comparison shots tomorrow. For now... he is safe and sound. Sorry for the picture quality... it was taken on an HTC cell phone...

(Under my normal lighting)

IMAG0465.jpg

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Hugo! It is much better looking in person!

Don't worry Bob... you're at the top of the list... $500 for you.

Here is a picture of the Bowser and the Purple Orchid via BenjaminS. Mind you the Orchid has been freshly fragged and been through 2 tanks since my move a few days ago.

Again, taken from an HTC cell phone at regular lighting.

IMAG0465 (1).jpg

BenjaminS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a purple orchid? If not I'll send you one so you can see one in person. pay for shipping. Or pick it up. verified by multiple reputable sources.

if you have a purple orchid I'll still send you one as long as you pay for shipping. So you can put it right next to yours and take a picture.

That's funny that Ben is still selling those as Purple Orchids..

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is no need for that... I posted a picture of it on the Orchid thread. It's obviously a Purple Orchid. Anyhow... back to Bowser!

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok so here is a comparison shot between the CAR and the Bowser. The CAR was obtained through Turbo21. It may not be fully developed nor could it be form the best lineage but it's worth a look. It is substantially smaller and doesn't seem to like the higher lighting as much as the bowser.

These were the two best shots from the water down thus I was blocking much of the light. My goal was to find the most similar looking shots and angles so that the comparison can be made. As you can see, the Bowser still remains vibrant and has distinct rings. My specific lineage from Hugo, as seen in the pictures above, have an awesome outer "purple-ish magenta like" ring. The tips of the skirts are brilliant red. It would be nice if someone could post their most similar CAR shots as my CAR may not be the best comparison. UNEDITED of course.

This was taken with an HTC cell phone under normal light conditions (LEDs)

IMAG0490.jpg
IMAG0492.jpg

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look nicer, however, your CAR can also get a little nicer. Ive seen some really nice CARs.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett,

the car you got from me wsas one of the smaller polyps off the side, so it def will get bigger. i can try to get a pic of my cars mini colony tmorrow. Im not seeing too much difference between the two?

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here is a comparison shot between the CAR and the Bowser. The CAR was obtained through Turbo21. It may not be fully developed nor could it be form the best lineage but it's worth a look. It is substantially smaller and doesn't seem to like the higher lighting as much as the bowser.

These were the two best shots from the water down thus I was blocking much of the light. My goal was to find the most similar looking shots and angles so that the comparison can be made. As you can see, the Bowser still remains vibrant and has distinct rings. My specific lineage from Hugo, as seen in the pictures above, have an awesome outer "purple-ish magenta like" ring. The tips of the skirts are brilliant red. It would be nice if someone could post their most similar CAR shots as my CAR may not be the best comparison. UNEDITED of course.

This was taken with an HTC cell phone under normal light conditions (LEDs)

IMAG0490.jpg IMAG0492.jpg

After seeing this photo, I stand behind my previous statement even more emphatically! Give your CAR time to grow to it's "adult size" and adjust to your lighting and I'm willing to bet they'll look even more similar than they already do.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had CARs the regular CARs before,just the red color no orange at all and i end up bleaching them cause my water was off...
they turn like this
DSC00311.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back