☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Corpse of Helltrollsman man Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

David_Todorov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright! Ready to go
Alk: 8.0
Cal: 373
Ph: 8.1 - 8.4

20231026_112244.jpg

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good afternoon all! Here is my first submission. Not looking to good right now but figured I’d still post. Shipping really stressed it out. Hopefully it will pull through!
DKH 8.7
Cal 395
Mag 1395

@StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

IMG_1819.jpeg

TheReaperOfMars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer

Day 0
I will edit this post to add in my latest ICP for parameters in case anyone is curious. I'm running Moonshiners with Triton tests every 4 weeks. Below you will find the params I aim for, and am generally close to

Alk: 9 dK/h
NO3: 4-5ppm
PO4: 0.01ppm

Also, I attached the original photo from an iPhone 11 Pro, and an auto white balance by GIMP that will show actual colors on the coral. Some of the pinks are a little blown out in the background, but for the most part I think it shows true colors. I am going to use this growout as an experiment in photography to try to see not only my coral growth, but my ability to accurately photograph these corals along the way.

103023 Helltroll Original.jpeg
103023 Helltroll.jpeg

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun stuff; looking forward to my frag arriving tomorrow! I do observational research for a living (clinical), but I am seeing some potential parallels with this competition. We have a pretty big group participating (i.e., sample size), and with the repeated measure design (monthly check-in and with parameters), with visual data points, these two grow-out competitions should help us generate a little bit of evidence. Will be interesting to see what colors people pull...in addition to the variation observed in growth. Now if we could only ensure each of our systems remained stable throughout the duration of the 12 months (with zero change)...ugh that darn confounding.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back