15% off Sitewide + Black Friday Early Access

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Good job on that board, just need to make some holes for cable management and you should be good to go

Thank you. :) You can see in the picture where I tried to make a hole between the 2 eb8s. But unfortunately my battery powered drill wasn't strong enough to cut through. That was my first frustration of the process. I'll get it done eventually but right now I don't want to mess with it for a while.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like my order is in town and "out for delivery" today - that was pretty quick for free shipping! (Just gotta give my son and his GF the heads-up before I go off to work!!)

Thanks, MD!

~B.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you. :) You can see in the picture where I tried to make a hole between the 2 eb8s. But unfortunately my battery powered drill wasn't strong enough to cut through. That was my first frustration of the process. I'll get it done eventually but right now I don't want to mess with it for a while.
Yeah, I can clearly see those marks lol. Before you go ahead with those holes, have you considered using cable grommets? Take a look at the pic.;)

corsair_phanteks_nzxt_fratal_design_cable_grommet_pc_case_black_chassis_mnpctech_price.jpg

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I can clearly see those marks lol. Before you go ahead with those holes, have you considered using cable grommets? Take a look at the pic.;)

corsair_phanteks_nzxt_fratal_design_cable_grommet_pc_case_black_chassis_mnpctech_price.jpg
If it was out somewhere visible I would definitely do something like that. But it sits behind the tank. Honestly I'm realizing I didn't even need to paint the board. I thought I would be able to see the edge of the board from the couch but I don't see it at all.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Last night was a bit like Christmas morning for me! (Couldn't play on Tuesday night, as that was also the annual holiday party at my weekend job, <G>...) Everything arrived in perfect condition save the big bucket of salt, which I suspect the shipper must have whacked pretty hard - I didn't realize it until I tried taking the bucket out of the big green plastic bag it came in. Seems to be pretty much all there, but .... )

Discovered that I've got a metric faucet, which necessitated a last-minute trip to Home Depot for another adapter, and cranked up the RO/DI unit - ran it all night, mixing salt water as buckets filled up... Filled up the bottom of the HOB 'fuge with Fiji mud and topped it with sand... more sand on the bottom of the DT... Assembled the Reef Octopus skimmer... started adding water as it got mixed, and got it moving with the gyre... By this morning, the 65g is about half full, the RO/DI is still cranking, and I'm smiling!

Live rock coming in on Friday . . . Yikes! That's tomorrow!

~Bruce

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Last night was a bit like Christmas morning for me! (Couldn't play on Tuesday night, as that was also the annual holiday party at my weekend job, <G>...) Everything arrived in perfect condition save the big bucket of salt, which I suspect the shipper must have whacked pretty hard - I didn't realize it until I tried taking the bucket out of the big green plastic bag it came in. Seems to be pretty much all there, but .... )

Discovered that I've got a metric faucet, which necessitated a last-minute trip to Home Depot for another adapter, and cranked up the RO/DI unit - ran it all night, mixing salt water as buckets filled up... Filled up the bottom of the HOB 'fuge with Fiji mud and topped it with sand... more sand on the bottom of the DT... Assembled the Reef Octopus skimmer... started adding water as it got mixed, and got it moving with the gyre... By this morning, the 65g is about half full, the RO/DI is still cranking, and I'm smiling!

Live rock coming in on Friday . . . Yikes! That's tomorrow!

~Bruce

Hi, Bruce! Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear about the condition the salt arrived in. :( Happy to hear things are coming along nicely. Do you have a build thread with photos going we can follow?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Gee, I suppose I should, huh?

Need a better camera situation than what I have at the moment, but will try to get on that!

Every single item that wasn't salt arrived in perfect condition, beautifully packed.

~B.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Gee, I suppose I should, huh?

Need a better camera situation than what I have at the moment, but will try to get on that!

Every single item that wasn't salt arrived in perfect condition, beautifully packed.

~B.

That is great to hear! We'll pass along your feedback to our warehouse team to keep them motivated. If capturing attractive photos of an aquarium were easy, I would already have a build thread. lol For now I just share videos and photos on my phone with my coworkers (or any of my non-hobbyist friends who pretend they are interested).

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Love my new top off reservoir. I can't believe it holds the same amount of water but takes up half the space of the two 5g buckets I used to have sitting there. Now I just have to make some more water.

1449182666515.jpg

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Love my new top off reservoir. I can't believe it holds the same amount of water but takes up half the space of the two 5g buckets I used to have sitting there. Now I just have to make some more water.

1449182666515.jpg

That IS handsome! I bought a reservoir myself and am very happy with the purchase. Sometimes smaller details like having a good looking reservoir can bring so much satisfaction!

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Also loving my new bubble magus curve 5. It's too soon to say how well it skims but I didn't realize just how loud my old skimmer was until I plugged this thing in. I keep having to look in my sump to convince myself that it is actually running.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Also loving my new bubble magus curve 5. It's too soon to say how well it skims but I didn't realize just how loud my old skimmer was until I plugged this thing in. I keep having to look in my sump to convince myself that it is actually running.

It's a top seller month in and month out. The word-of-mouth from hobbyists is so strong we don't have to do much promotion for it. It sells itself! Love that it's quieted things down in your home. :D

silence-is-golden.jpg

DiverGirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Been in and running less than a week. And I only have 2 small fish. I'd say that's not too bad.

1449681270649.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back