2 New Squamosa clams updated from the old thread

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this today and it is really healthy.....It is also pest free. I have been without a clam for about 3 years and wanted toget back into it......So here it is:

DSCN2486.jpg

DSCN2487.jpg

iceman0124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A real beauty there, I love squamose and derasa clams, I usually find them much more interesting than maxima by a long shot.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clam and great shots.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pickup! Ive been wanting one for a while might have to pull the trigger on one soon

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had in the past Maximas but they are really coming in small, this thing for the price I paid was a steal. There hasn't been much out there for Squamosa's. Liveaquaria.com has had some but I have read reports in the past about them coming in with pyram snails....So I debated them for a time. I found this one and pulled the trigger, this thing is way bigger then suggested on the site. It is atleast 4-5'' easy. Can't wait to see what it does in the next month or so as far as color and see if it changes.....

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schaweeet clam Azurel, where did you get it and what did it cost?

You are 100% correct on the snails from LA, I got a beauty of a Squammie from them a few months back and it was infested. I have cured it now but it is time consuming. Here is a pic:

DSCN0810.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is sweet......I was looking for one like that or blue spots but they were here and there nothing really out there with Squamosa I was watching Clams direct as well. Then I figured we have some of the best sponsors on the net so I went through all that carried inverts or clams and BAM there it was.....None from LA really made me want to pull the trigger on them and deal with issues especially for the money they wanted kinda why I mentioned that it was pest free from the start if they would have had the other one that was posted on the site I would have bought that one too.

I might have on that one you have though love the milky soft lines in that, plus the blue really stands out.

I got it at Cultivated Coral for $33+ shipping, which in all reality was a far better deal then anything I have seen on Liveaquaria.com....I will probably add a Maxima sometime down the line. I wish I still had my old 2. One was a Blue Teardrop and a electric blue w/black-purple......I really want a Blue Squamosa but $500-$800 is ridiculas to me.

Thanks glad you guys like it, I sure do it changes the look of the tank for sure.

Last edited:

Znut Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score on the Squammy. Post pics of the new ones once they settle in.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very pretty!! i want to get another one as well, jsut have not really found the one that i go "MAN THATS THE ONE"!!!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got them one looks like the one I wanted the other that was supposed to have blue spots doesn't. Are they pretty? Yup am I satisfied? Yea all in all for the price I paid for the 2 of these Squamosas I couldn't beat it......One is about 3" and the other about 2 1/2".

Here are some intial pics of the new ones and an updated pic of the first one.

DSCN2509.jpg

DSCN2508.jpg

DSCN2507.jpg

First one updated pic....
DSCN2506.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inthis last few days I can see a slight differance in the big one, the browns seem to be getting darker and the spots more defined...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the one that was what I ordered, the other one should of had blue spots.....As you can see it don't but nice none the less.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update......

I have not found anything on this clams what so ever and the hermits have been cleaning anything else that has been on them for the last few days. I have since moved the one on the right to the ricordea valley....Pics will come.

Back