2 x 2 Inch Tile Frag Rack

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word on the street is that Gonis will love this set up, I have never owned one so I can not confirm yay or nay. I also did not have any part of any of this design, I will simply told what to do and did it. I give all "brain" credit to Vintage Reefer, who is pretty awesome person , and while they may have a different opinion on whether or not it should be downloadable for free, that is the part of the one with the Fusion 360 Export folder to decide. Thank you so much Vintage Reefer !

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VintageReefer what is it you were saying about the coral on the tiles growing significantly faster, and why you thought that may happen, and when you tested your hypothesis, it did in fact work as you had planned. you had a problem and you and someone with the ability to solve it did so, and what we have is a chance to let everyone else also be included in the general conversation of moving this wonderful hobby forward

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought Goni and it came on a small frag plug and I wanted to grow it into a nice colony, corals will encrust over smooth flat, textured surfaces faster than they will over live rock which is filled with gaps and cracks.

Removing the Goni from the frag plug would damage the coral, so the tiles solve that problem as you can attach the plug to the tile and simply let the coral encrust over the plug onto the tile, and eventually have a nice solid 2x2 foundation that can easily be moved as it grows

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are slow growing, they are still encrusting over plugs and haven’t made to the tile yet.

1C9623DE-287F-44BF-ABE6-64E4EAE6DD12.jpeg
07058699-4B12-4979-AB07-CEFDDB13EDC7.jpeg

Kerbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I made something similar to that too! But mine is a mushroom box,

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I made something similar to that too! But mine is a mushroom box,

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg
Love it! And more importantly dang I love mushrooms I had Godzilla Sunkist jawbreakers and a 125 gallon about halfway covered in sand bed randoricordeas . Mushroom boxes I of course naturally love too! These files are all on Thingiverse, designed in my mind to be as simple as possible but still be able to section off and move walls as mushrooms get bigger and smaller ! Also has a lid! And another one if you would like to section off sections both horizontally and vertically ! IMG_4869.png IMG_4752.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%

Back