Looking for people with 3D Printers who want to never collect another W2 in your life.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 1) 3d printer, 2) anger at greedy people and 3) a little bit of trust that there still is good in this world

The title seems salesy. I don't want your money. Everything I can do is free on thingiverse, I am so tired of seeing 9 different prices for the same item on Thingiverse. I am going to spend some time "redefining" what Thingiverese is for reef items. There will not be a bunch of crap. There will be a bunch of crap, and an item that many people have all been able to confirm "yep, works great". If you don't trust that, print it and use it, and you will. If you don't have a printer, people will be selling them I'm sure. If you are curious how much it costs them to make it, I WILL TELL YOU. At that point, you can decide who you would like to do business with by judging their customer service, their reviews, the amount of business they do, and whether or not it's someone trying to make a quick buck. I'm tired of people telling me I should charge more. Instead, I am going to try and make everyone else charge less and stay right where I am.

I'm not going to say who I am or what I do, but what I will say is I started a Build Thread on this absolutely WONDERFUL forum of a place filled with experts who are waiting to give their knowledge out for free. Read it, because it is so embarrassing. I read through it last night and HOLY COW did I know absolutely nothing. A 10 gallon tank under a 75. I went to South Carolina for a week, the overflow siphon was pulled out by someone looking at the tank, the 10 gallon overflowed everywhere and there is still a spot to this day. How did they get this knowledge? How did Sharky19 get his knowledge? By making a ton of mistakes. And I would assume they also had wonderful help along the way.

I don't want to promote myself, I do fine. I also want to stop pretending like 3D printing is EVERYTHING about reefing, it is not. But it's 60-70% if you're good at it. What I do want to do is stop trying to go through 17 different media channels, making sure to respect their corresponding "what I am all about" culture. The culture here, I believe, is that if you want to start the boll rolling of "I know a good amount about something" and would love to start more open, honest conversations about a Skill that I have developed, and would like to continue to do this Skill that not very many people can do, but also not have people like "sandbed looks too clean" all over Facebook destroying any kind of real, true, "i dont want your money" but I do want you to not make the same mistakes I have. I also want to stop spamming the threads of the 99.8% people using this forum for their SaltWater Fish tanks. I see you, lol.

Whether that be my customer service, my printers ability, things that I know other sellers do as shortcuts and will point out and promply stop, many things that I care so very little to benefit from, that seemingly the entire world feels like they should.

I have had so many tell me not to put my best work on thingiverse. Why, so I can continue to stress myself out? I should not be putting all of my hard work up for free. All that tells me is I did and will continue to do the right thing. There are 25 files in my Thingiverse. I have a fusion 360 folder full of absolutely disgusting titled items, and here is what I think. 95% of the people selling 3d printed items got them from Thingiverse. What is happening, is someone buys the same stuff, costs them the same to make it, and decides how much they want you to pay for it. While that has worked well, I don't think it has to stay that way forever.

What I will do is put every single item that is beneficial to a reef tank for free on my thingiverse. The world can test them. They work fine, very well actually. They will all be worth your while. If you have a 3d printer, you are not my customer, you are my best friend. Enjoy what I do, please. If you have something awesome you've been sitting on, I'd love the .stl file. I won't sell it I promise.

I'm not going to even begin to say they what I do is anywhere close to the best of what is available, because you can spend a day looking for "them" , and chances are in that day, the "best" overall "3D Printer" has changed. It changes every day, you need to learn the fundamentals of what each part of the printer does, and when companies come out with something "new" you won't be confused by their attempt at confusing you by naming them things like ENDER 3 V3 SE KE VE4 HD MAXXxS. I promise you, I know a lot about a lot of printers, because I have broken many of them to see what they look like inside, after I've used them enough to destroy them permanently. They are business assets, to me. If I spend $300 on a printer, and make $5000 with it, I don't care to then use it to take it apart and understand it more and then give it away to someone who is a couple of months behind my progression. They would hopefully do the same for me, and if not, screw them. We hide our best work from each other. I would literally get on Etsy, make my stuff cheaper, and get less sales. So I upped my price, and unfortunately more people bought my stuff. I am not making this up, I can show you monthly statements of my customers who prefer to spend more money instead of less. Nothing changed, pictures, descriptions, anything other than a price of $23.69 to $27.69 well folks , to be completely honest most of you just go and buy the $70 one. So , I am going to put it out to the world for free. It is yours, if you can find someone who values you enough to spend $1 out of their pocket on your behalf, you can convince them that A) you dont have to pay for it and B) you dont have to wait for it to be shipped. I am here to tell you, openly and honestly, you are paying $70 for a $5 item, from when someone goes "oh look I got a sale" to dropping the box through the little metal dropoff at USPS. "But I have costs and fees" shut up. You can reuse your amazon boxes. I ship most of my stuff right back out of filament boxes. They work great. If you buy 2 pack filaments, you get nice big boxes. Of 444 orders, I have used 200 boxes. 244 boxes would have been recycled items. Some people got their items in a Huggies Diaper box. Do they care? No, because it's packaged extremely well and its a very high quality item and I put a ton of extra fun stuff in there because I have a literall 55 gallon drum full of stuff I print when a printer is open, and just grab a handful. You can buy 100 boxes from Uline for $0.51. You can buy tape from amazon. You can buy your filament from Amazon. I like California Filament they are amazing filaments for specifically reef tanks. YOU ARE ALL CRAZY IT DOESNT COST ME THAT MUCH. One Place, where you can get information without people trying to lie to you. If they do, if someone is mean, if I feel like you are trying to make money off of a non-money making opportunity, you will go away.

Also, the second someone starts selling something 3D printed (specifically reef itmes), but for an obnoxious price ask yourself these 2 things 1) are there magnets? because that is a ton of work and 2) did the artist have to use epoxy because that sucks bad. if either of these are the case, then there is some true time that has been put behind your item. If neither of these are the case, chances are its someone who is the first person to think of a simple idea, and rather than share it with the world they want to profit off of it for as long and as much as possible, until I get a sniff of it then it will be free for everyone.

Also I take requests for designs, if you need something, I can make it in fusion 360. I will then put it on thingiverse for you, for no charge, because I am very good at it, and I like to stay up late at night and play on Fusion rather than watch TV , and I no longer have a reef tank to take up that part of my time anymore because i couldnt afford it. Bare with me here for a little bit , I need to get feet back under me, but you will all get what you need 3d printed fairly without extortion or hand tattoos. I promise. I'm not running a charity, but I'm also tired of people getting in the way of me trying to run a legitimate business. Just be nice, tell me what you need, ill keep working on it and get it on thingiverse because there is a 100% chance there are also 17,000,000 other people who would use it , and im tired of it sitting in my fusion 360 folder knowing I'll never ever get back to it.

It will not take you long to find your niche, figure out something you really enjoy doing, and

I am in charge. I will share, and I would absolutely love if there were more people who have perfected the art well enough to understand that if/when someone tries to copy you, you can either go away, or figure out how to do what you do better because that is the world we live in.

Discord is here : https://discord.gg/Mu8Rs3BC

I think I have it open, I have no idea how it works but I already had it downloaded from DND with my younger brother.

I am 33 years old, this world has kicked my butt for too long I think I broke. But I am also now extremely happy, making as much money as I want because advertising is free and I'm not charging an arm and a leg.

I hope to see you on Discord ! And if not, if you want to buy a 3d printer I'll help you out !

One more time, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY. I want to help you be able to wake up, fill your day with activities you enjoy, like I now do, spend as much time with your family as you want. My entire world is my 2 daughters and they are why I am doing this because I hate more than anything waking up, leaving for 9 hours, coming home, eating dinner with them, and saying good night. I want to make enough money to live on a boat, drive it around to islands, give people on those islands 3d printers, a little book on how you can easily make money with them, and the Thingiverse website.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back