2012 Wireless Webcam discussion - What are you using now? Santa needs help

kevinf

lalalala
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is flippin' awesome, I will be picking a 9820 up soon. Has anyone mounted one on their ceiling? How tough would that be?

I don't think it would be hard at all to mount to the ceiling.. just get some 3M sticky tape and you're good to go. In the setting's make it so the picture is flipped and you should be fine

1fishmonger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about this for a while now - Thanks for sharing your setup

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had 3 different webcams for my tank and i hated all but for one.. the first one was ok but it didnt give a clear image.. the second one was the same but it also started to move on its own.. the therd one i love the most.. it didnt have pan or tilt like the others but it was clear.. i used an indoor security system by logitech. i had an i app on my phone and everything for it.. if you dont really need pan and tilt i would go with a logitech security system for indoors..

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mbc

Mbc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wesley - awesome. I also picked up a couple. i review the HD camera that kevin is using but decided against it bc of lighting issues and trouble with is interfacing with apple products. - cheers

kevinf

lalalala
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The password should be working for my camera again. I've been changing it when me or my wife is home. I had someone stare it me for awhile when I was making a stand for my skimmer the other day, LOL.

I think I might purchase the 9810 when I have extra funds to see how it compares.

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it would be hard at all to mount to the ceiling.. just get some 3M sticky tape and you're good to go. In the setting's make it so the picture is flipped and you should be fine

Isn't there a power cord that runs out from the webcam? If so, like I believe; how can that be tied into/through the walls to get continuous power?

Ashlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like there's no real 'goldilocks' camera. The panasonics are pan/tilt, and can be embedded into your own webpage, but the resolution is low. The foscams have HD, are remote pan/tilt, but you can't embed them into your own webpage (at least I can't see how.)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back