270 Gallon "Fish Pairs Themed" Upgrade

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got an extra DOS so have been thinking about setting it up for dosing mb7 and either vinegar or vodka. I don’t always remember to add it so automating it would help.
that's why I wanted to get a fourth when I got the first three. but the boss vetoed

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting in the Minneapolis airport waiting for flight in an hour to Sioux Falls, then a 2 hour drive to Iowa.
IMG_6112.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got an extra DOS so have been thinking about setting it up for dosing mb7 and either vinegar or vodka. I don’t always remember to add it so automating it would help.
If you go that route I’d do mb7 and bacto balance it has nutrients in it and helps from bottoming out and keeps cyano away better..

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you need to add a stirrer to MB7?
No… I shake the bottle out of habit but I do that with everything I put in my tank lol.. including fish flakes haha

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the bottle says shake well.
Very well could, idk.. I don’t follow instructions lol… I’ve never seen anything in it so I’m not sure it would settle to be honest it’s like a thick water.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've heard Razor is the best for getting rid of junk, Clean is supposed to be good for other stuff, MB7 is the main "ingredient" in both. I've always just used plain old MB7.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used clean.. always been a mb7 fan myself. I’m not sure what clean even does.
Setting up the tank last year I got start and clean from my secret Santa. Total win for r2r secret Santa. But I used it right out the gate.

Internet says clean removes detritus and film on surfaces. Mb7 seems to target water. Didn't look into razor.
Nevermind, different bacteria it looks like?
Does it say somewhere? I never went to brighwell's website, but brs didn't indicate anything.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Setting up the tank last year I got start and clean from my secret Santa. Total win for r2r secret Santa. But I used it right out the gate.

Internet says clean removes detritus and film on surfaces. Mb7 seems to target water. Didn't look into razor.

Does it say somewhere? I never went to brighwell's website, but brs didn't indicate anything.
I think you're right - Clean and Razor target the rocks. Razor says it's a flocculant or Coagulant or one of those. Clean is bacteria.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're right - Clean and Razor target the rocks. Razor says it's a flocculant or Coagulant or one of those. Clean is bacteria.
It does say shake… oh well haha.. mb7 that is.. I’ve never bothered to read it in years… a capful every few days works just fine.
IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpeg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so razor is snow? might get a bottle of clean and mb7. throw some in the fresh water too. that needs help.
It does say shake… oh well haha.. mb7 that is.. I’ve never bothered to read it in years… a capful every few days works just fine.
IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpeg
and you mix it in your snow with some food too don't you.

so skimmer off, but return still on? I need a better plug situation, they're on the same switch.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so razor is snow? might get a bottle of clean and mb7. throw some in the fresh water too. that needs help.

and you mix it in your snow with some food too don't you.

so skimmer off, but return still on? I need a better plug situation, they're on the same switch.
So I do both.. a cap here or there with everything on and going.. snowy days I add a cap and I turn my return and skimmer off for a hour and a half and just let it circulate in the tank to coat every surface and do its job.. then kick the return and skimmer back on.. only reason my skimmer is off cause it would overflow with the return off and sump filling up 6 inches..

My snow consists of 8 drops zeobak, cap of mb7, cap of acro power, 10 drops zeo food, tsp of reef roids, tsp zeozym, and a half a cup of calcium carbonate mixed in rodi of course. Let that sit for an hour and kick my return and skimmer off and pour in tank.. a hour or 2 later kick the pump and skimmer back on and wake up to a sparkly clean tank!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I do both.. a cap here or there with everything on and going.. snowy days I add a cap and I turn my return and skimmer off for a hour and a half and just let it circulate in the tank to coat every surface and do its job.. then kick the return and skimmer back on.. only reason my skimmer is off cause it would overflow with the return off and sump filling up 6 inches..

My snow consists of 8 drops zeobak, cap of mb7, cap of acro power, 10 drops zeo food, tsp of reef roids, tsp zeozym, and a half a cup of calcium carbonate mixed in rodi of course. Let that sit for an hour and kick my return and skimmer off and pour in tank.. a hour or 2 later kick the pump and skimmer back on and wake up to a sparkly clean tank!
Yeah, I'm definitely too lazy for that many things in the mix. also, I have roids, but I have nutrients through the roof, so they will have to wait.

Thanks for the help!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%
Back