OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of algae has receded thanks to many hrs of pulling and new fuge setup. i also clean my overflow teeth daily to help with water flow, while i do this i turn on every pump at 100% so any detritus will go down overflow since there are no teeth and it is moving quick. today in the top of my cryptic i planted 6 mangrove ill probably take a few out as the grow since hole is only 6" wide. hopefully these will take up nutrients as well. i do have two fish missing i have been trying to find would hate them to add to nutrient problem but the are small. hopefully my eel at them. i added 6 big mexican turbo snails today in hopes theyll help beat byropsis. other than that triton is stable and thinking of performing second test soon. i added additional reactors as well i have one with triton phosphate absorber in it. i only turn it on when phosphate become detectable im trying to run zero phosphates until algae is gone and then ill let they few remaining corals have some.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so corals kept dying pram enters have been stable for a while now and n&p are undetectable. So I was wondering if my water is to clean and maybe mh is burning corals. So I decided to run my actintic a only last few days. And my coras look 100% better there is actual polyps out and showing color. I did add a extra actintic strip but everything is looking good. I know I'll need my mh to actually grow anything but I'm Gona run like this a while and let everything heal a bit. I might run mh 1hr per day. But I just thought it was interesting and It may help someone in a similar situation. Algae is headed out as well

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running carbon? Short term use of carbon seems to be ok but if I leave carbon in my tank over a week some of the SPS start to lose PE or stop growing all together. My tank is not low nutrient with P04 around .04-.07 and N03 anywhere from 5ppm-25ppm with great growth and color.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I run carbon I usually replace monthly. I have noticed since I have been barley using my mh that my ph is a lot more stable it stays 8.19-8.21 24/7. Where is would go up to 8.4 during the day

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pH goes up to 8.35 when the MH is on and it lets me know the tank is well. It tells me the corals are growing and happy.

I have noticed carbon was actually slowing the growth of some of the SPS and causing frags to STN. I wouldn't run it unless needed for an emergency or to clear the water a few days a month.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back