OP
OP
Marquarium

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude! Is that a blue spot stingray and a bamboo shark?!

I kept those back in the day, and now my kids bug me to set up a Fish Only tank so we can get some lol.

I have a mixed reef now, and I like my cleaner shrimp to stay alive so I have to say no to the blue spot. haha

Like the color of your stand too. Good job!

Thank you! I chose the color of the stand to match our island and we live on a lake and the previous owners went with a lighter beach style for the kitchen/living room.

I believe it’s a yellow stingray and a horn shark (at least that’s what the stores told me). I need to get some better pictures of the shark but he only swims like crazy at night. The stingray is pretty active during the day tho which is nice.

I finally got some orange lens glasses so I can work on getting better quality pictures when they’re more out and about. Stingray is also hard too because he has sand on his back and flings so much lol.

But they’ve both never picked on the 2 cleaner shrimp or any other fish. Super peaceful so far.

The difference between pics shot with the orange lens is crazy

IMG_2166.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg
IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2161.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2159.jpeg

OP
OP
Marquarium

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to think the only way I’m getting the spots off the tank are by going in LOL every tool and scrubber I’ve tried (minus razors) doesn’t work or you have to scrub the same spot like a mad man for 10 mins

The magic erasers are great but only if you can scrub with your hand. All extensions I’ve tried are meh

OP
OP
Marquarium

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder tang has not ate anything but algae since being in the tank for a few months. Worried though because still not taking on any other food and getting thinner and thinner

OP
OP
Marquarium

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was the day we found a sump leak and finally had the excuse to get a new sump :D
Didn't get a picture of it before installing so here's it from the site

1709499214012.png

Finished installing it only to discover protein skimmer cup won't be able to be easily taken out since my stand isn't 2x4s it's 4x4s. Now to find a different skimmer

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was the day we found a sump leak and finally had the excuse to get a new sump :D
Didn't get a picture of it before installing so here's it from the site

1709499214012.png

Finished installing it only to discover protein skimmer cup won't be able to be easily taken out since my stand isn't 2x4s it's 4x4s. Now to find a different skimmer
Nice looking sump!

OP
OP
Marquarium

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not manage to make the Bashsea protein skimmer work :(
The return line needed to be higher than sump level and once I saw that there was no way this would ever have worked. My wife was not of fan of going outside stand either lol

The stand is 30" tall which I've found is not great when you start getting into massive tanks and the big equipment that comes with.

Decided to try running 2 decent sized protein skimmers instead and so far that has had 0 change to levels but it has only been a couple weeks so I'll need longer to judge if this can be long term.

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

Next up is fixing rock work(goby caused a crash no1 was hurt), organize wiring, add more rock and corals

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back