OP
OP
tangboy

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven't posted updates in... ummm... forever. HUGE sorry!!!

A lot has been going on, or should I say, hasn't been going on with the classroom tank until the last week or so!

Last November, I put out some money for some custom LEDs to be made for the school's tank. Unfortunately, I was slow-balled and never got the lights. Fortunately I know people who can get things done.

Thanks to the Volunteer Reef Junkie's President Nitrox, the school was able to get the money back and lights ordered and installed within the last week!

Tank.jpg

I have one more AI SOL Blue LED fixture coming in this week to make it 4 total.

Thanks again Nitrox for what you've done to get this tank looking great!

Now for a fish/coral order!

If anyone in the area wishes to donate some frags to get these kids hyped up for coral, let me know!

Hopefully updates of new livestock soon!

OP
OP
tangboy

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SantaMonica, it's tough as a teacher to have a tank because there is the issue with "who pays for everything?" or "when the teacher leaves who takes care of the system" etc. It's awesome when the community sports the schools!

OP
OP
tangboy

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updated pictures now that I have 4 SOL AI blues...
uploadfromtaptalk1412772476062.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1412772494925.jpg

OP
OP
tangboy

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short Video I shot with my LG G2

[video=youtube;By6NDz2HbSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By6NDz2HbSI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, glad things are coming along. My school had a tank in high school. It's a super cool experience. Never one this big though. Keep up the great work, have family in the teaching industry and know that it's a hard job. Especially being a principal. Don't forget to keep us updated lol i'll see if I can get you some donations as well.

OP
OP
tangboy

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So things aren't going very good. Started when the clown tang died from ich, then the blue hippo, wrasse jumped out of the tank, found the Kole tang dead this morning, sand sifting goby is MIA, and everyone hides in the rocks unless being fed. I don't have a test kit on me so I will do a large water change and see what happens. I haven't changed anything other than adding firefish at the end of last week.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back