75g stocking

Lovac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.. looking into some insight as I’m starting the process of transitioning a 75g fresh to a reef. Been keeping fresh for 4 years and started to venture into salt with a 20g nano reef and it’s been a blast
Haven’t ordered lights yet but planning on getting 2 nicrew 100w..I’m running a 50w on my 20g and corals seem very happy with it
Got a reef octopus classic 90 HOB skimmer
Fx4 filter that I’ll transition over from fresh
Heater and a couple wavemakers
Just ordered 75lbs of dry rock as well

So my question is what are some fish recommendations for a 4ft 75g?
I’m really wanting a yellow tang, I see a lot of conflicting opinions on tangs in a 75 but I figure if I get it small by the time it’s get too big I’ll have either upgraded or I could sell it.
Also really like the coral beauty angel and flame angels..how would they do in a softie/lps?

Interested in some other options and recommendations as well as if you feel like giving me your opinion of a full stocking list!

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our little piece of the reef.
a 4 ft tank will be too small for those types of fish once they are full grown. yes you can get them small but they will out grow it fast. I recommend starting with some clowns and angels for now. There are alot of awesome looking fish that would be perfect for that size of tank.

Welcome!!!
f127426c616cd57d67c79dfda815c596.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back