7of9’s 32g Borgcube Biocube

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Harry and Lloyd

jim carrey harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To
Or just Dumb and Dumber

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to report that both pajama cardinals figured out the Autofeeder and are less likely to die of stupidity. They need names, though. Any ideas?

IMG_7987.jpeg
Dumb and dumber
*** late again.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peat and Repeat....I am the absolute worst at coming up with clever names. If there was a trophy for best worst, it would go to me. Hopefully others are more help.

I tried to think of a clever combo that used both P and J, but I failed.
Peanut butter and jelly?
What really? I cannot share a brain with @tbrown.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. It’s just been a bit of a month or two. My tank has been a bit neglected as I dealt with health issues in the family and life in general. My divorce plods along, too, but we’re all in a place of peace with it and life is good.

My daughter had a heart issue after her severe anemia episode, but we went through lots of tests and it seems like everything is going to be fine there. The anemia likely just put her heart under a lot of stress and now that it’s under control we just have to monitor her heart every 6 months to be sure. That’s a HUGE relief!!!

In my tank, I’m pretty sure neglect turned my female clownfish murderous. First, the pajama cardinals began disappearing one by one, then I found the male clownfish with tattered fins looking beat up at the bottom of the tank and not eating. He disappeared later that day. So I’m down to just Doom the female clownfish and Benny the starry Blenny in the tank.

My corals hung in there despite the neglect and resulting nuisance algae explosion. There is something bothering my scrambled eggs, though…
IMG_8038.jpeg

I’ll try to get a better picture. They’re white and some have almost mini-fans?

I’m getting back on my water change and feeding schedules and concentrating on my hair algae issues for now before even considering adding anything.

I also never got any of the partner swag…has anyone else gotten theirs?

Hugs to everyone and sorry I disappeared. I was down in the dumps and my tank looked like crap.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. It’s just been a bit of a month or two. My tank has been a bit neglected as I dealt with health issues in the family and life in general. My divorce plods along, too, but we’re all in a place of peace with it and life is good.

My daughter had a heart issue after her severe anemia episode, but we went through lots of tests and it seems like everything is going to be fine there. The anemia likely just put her heart under a lot of stress and now that it’s under control we just have to monitor her heart every 6 months to be sure. That’s a HUGE relief!!!

In my tank, I’m pretty sure neglect turned my female clownfish murderous. First, the pajama cardinals began disappearing one by one, then I found the male clownfish with tattered fins looking beat up at the bottom of the tank and not eating. He disappeared later that day. So I’m down to just Doom the female clownfish and Benny the starry Blenny in the tank.

My corals hung in there despite the neglect and resulting nuisance algae explosion. There is something bothering my scrambled eggs, though…
IMG_8038.jpeg

I’m getting back on my water change and feeding schedules and concentrating on my hair algae issues for now before even considering adding anything.

Hugs to everyone and sorry I disappeared. I was down in the dumps and my tank looked like crap.
Wow, that's a lot! Don't worry about us! Life happens! Glad things seem to be on the upswing now!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_8038.jpeg

So sorry to hear! I have you and your daughter in my prayers. Merry Christmas.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guessing white stuff is just sponge. Ok to tweeze or scrape off. Careful not to tick off the zoas. Ok to take rock out and scrub with toothbrush in saltwater or rodi to remove some of the algae.
Thoughts are with you and the family. This too shall pass.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might have some kind of fish disease. It likely came in with the PJ cardinals. :pleading-face:

I have no QT/Hospital tank and now my female clown is looking icky. She has a whitish film on her, but she's still eating well. I'm down to just her and Benny the starry blenny.

I'm going to do tank parameters today and keep feeding her. Benny is still grazing on the hair algae.

I'm bummed, but considering the neglect my tank had over the last month, I can't say I'm surprised. I think I should slow down and do some work this new year setting up an ATO, a better filtration setup, and a quarantine tank before more fish.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guessing white stuff is just sponge. Ok to tweeze or scrape off. Careful not to tick off the zoas. Ok to take rock out and scrub with toothbrush in saltwater or rodi to remove some of the algae.
Thoughts are with you and the family. This too shall pass.
That was my initial thought as well. Some type of sponge.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might have some kind of fish disease. It likely came in with the PJ cardinals. :pleading-face:

I have no QT/Hospital tank and now my female clown is looking icky. She has a whitish film on her, but she's still eating well. I'm down to just her and Benny the starry blenny.

I'm going to do tank parameters today and keep feeding her. Benny is still grazing on the hair algae.

I'm bummed, but considering the neglect my tank had over the last month, I can't say I'm surprised. I think I should slow down and do some work this new year setting up an ATO, a better filtration setup, and a quarantine tank before more fish.
I'm sorry! That sucks!

I don't have any proof, but since I have switched to feeding NLS thera A pellets to my tank, I haven't had any issues with disease. It is garlic infused and has some other natural ingredients that claim to help fish resist stress and therefore disease. Might be worth a try.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So…while zi wait for my tank tests to finish, here’s some new pictures!

Sickly clownfish. She’s still eating like a piggy, but she doesn’t look great. Benny the Blenny looks normal.
IMG_8056.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

She looks “cloudy,” like she has a film on her. I’m feeding her more often hoping she pulls through.
IMG_8052.jpeg

Full tank shot. Corals are doing good still.
IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8054.jpeg

And the anemone is still happy!
IMG_8057.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So…while zi wait for my tank tests to finish, here’s some new pictures!

Sickly clownfish. She’s still eating like a piggy, but she doesn’t look great. Benny the Blenny looks normal.
IMG_8056.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

She looks “cloudy,” like she has a film on her. I’m feeding her more often hoping she pulls through.
IMG_8052.jpeg

Full tank shot. Corals are doing good still.
IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8054.jpeg

And the anemone is still happy!
IMG_8057.jpeg
Aw, I hope the little guy turns a corner soon! Are you still traveling through space in a cube?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back