OP
JBKReef

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to call it for this thread... The corals from this tank were lumped into the corals of the 93 gallon tank during our move into a new home. They will live on as will this tank. the tank is a great size in my mind for a coral QT. I will utilize this tank as an establish QT to treat, observe, and hold corals before getting moved into one of the display tanks or the frag tank.

The lessons I learned from this tank are to avoid disruption. I went bare bottom with this tank about 4 months after it had cycled and it threw the tank off nearly permanently. Cyano, diatoms, it was a constant struggle to get back to a stasis point.

While I will still use bare bottom tanks in the future I would strongly suggest starting that way and not moving to it.

This tank was a reward for me and extension of the hobby branching into a multi tank house. I hope anyone reading it has learned something and feel free to ask even if this is not a live thread if you have any questions.

JBK

giphy.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back